those days

Aika's POV

alona_bythevalle started following you.

aikarobredo
buti naman natatandaan mo na socials ko?

kidding. aga natin magising ah?

punta ka rally mamaya?

alona_bythevalle
parang ang sarap mong iblock ulit :)

sorry, not today. i have an early meeting with some investors <\\3

but i already have a proxy at the venue naman.

aikarobredo
ouch. hahahaha

it's okay, marami pa namang rallies to come. nag-alala lang ako baka ma-miss mo ko masyado choz

goodluck with the investors! i'm sure you'll nail it. :)

alona_bythevalle
i really do miss you tho

thank you, goodluck ren sa sorties today ❤

lunch soon? my treat.

aikarobredo
just give me a time and a place, see u there :)

——————–––—————

"Morning te Aiks." a groggy Tricia greets me as the early rays of the sun shine through our window.

"Morning Doc, may duty ka today?" tumango siya in response, a yawn making its way out of her mouth.

"Get ready na, prepare lang ako breakfast for us." I tell her as I push her towards the restroom to freshen up and get dressed.

I work my way around the kitchen, cooking with ease and familiarity. These are the small moments I will always cherish. Amidst the fast pace of the campaign, these lazy mornings are some of the things I make sure not to take for granted.

I finish up on the breakfast and serve it on the table, going on to wake Mama and bunso up. They come out of their rooms almost as soon as Tricia comes out of the bath, just in time for breakfast.

We sit down, say our grace, and eat in silence, everyone still recharging before the day started. Sometimes someone would bring up an anecdote from one of their previous days, other times Patty and Jill have their first banter session of the day, Mama and I smiling fondly at the scene. I wish we could get more mornings like this.

After the meal, Jill offered to do the dishes, saying within the Metro lang naman sorties niya today, she can get ready later on. Patty on the other hand scurried away, nagmamadaling umalis lest she gets to work late. Which left me and Mama at the table.

"Kamusta daw pala si Alona, Aiks?" biglang tanong sakin ni Mama.

"Okay lang naman Ma..." I answer, unsure of what else to say.

"Bat daw kayo nawalan ng contact after grad?" Napalunok ako. Pano ko naman sasagutin yon?

"Naging busy lang Ma, life happened I guess." I look to her, hoping that was good enough explanation.