if i ever get the chance

Val's POV

I wake up to the sound of 'Rosas' blasting throughout the house, confusion and slight annoyance running through my system. Checking my phone for the time, I see that it's still 4:21 am. I toss and turn in bed, my sleep-deprived ass not ready for the day to start quite yet. After a few minutes of failing to go back to sleep, and the song still being on repeat, I get up and walk out of my room, greeting my mother, aka the culprit to my disturbed sleep.

Since the song has been released, it's been all over TikTok, Facebook, IG, you name it, it's there, and that includes my mother's playlist. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm in love with the song too, it's message of hope and radical love bringing forth true unity in the masses. All I ask is that it won't be blasted at 4 in the morning, the only time I get some sleep in.

"Mom, why are you up so early? Mamaya pa yung rally. You'll get tired lang niyan." 

My mom and Agos' were attending their first rally today, hence the excitement of mother dearest. She's been wanting to go since the VP announced her candidacy, so her behavior isn't surprising at the least. Pahingi nga ng at least 10% ng energy mo mother huhu.

"I can rest on the way there just fine. Hinahanda ko lang yung ipamimigay natin sa mga tao." She tells me with a wave of her hand. I only now notice that the oven was on, a tray of cookies already inside. 

"Won't they go too cold kung ngayon pa lang binake mo na?" I question her, stifling a yawn.

"These are for the volunteers. Pati na rin sa mga anak ni Ma'am Leni. Make sure to give it to them ah. Wag mong uubusin lahat, Alona Eloise nako."  she says, pointing an accusatory finger my way. I scoff at her, feigning offence, a hand over my heart. She simply chuckles at my antics.

I decide to get ready, our call time being at 6:45 am. I get out of the shower, ready my things and checked the volunteer gc that was just as lively as my mother this morning. The other volunteers were already there, camping since last night for last minute preparations. I was going through my work emails, replying to a few but thankfully, nothing urgent needed my attention.

aika 🐻 sent a message

The notification didn't come as a surprise anymore, this being part of an almost-daily routine. That doesn't mean my heart flutters any less every day though.

aika 🐻 good morning :)

pupunta ka ba rally later?

morning :)

mhm. mom and agos are tagging along later rin. excited na nga si mother oh haha.

[sent a photo *mom w/ a tray of cookies*]

aika 🐻 haha cutie ni tita

im glad they're coming, miss ko na siya pati si agos :((

they miss you too!

is it fine to bring them backstage after the rally? they really want to meet vp kasi

aika 🐻 ofc! you're like family na rin, mama would love to meet them too