sunsets with you

Val's POV

I feel strong arms around my waist tighten as I stir awake, the person holding me in place burying their face deeper into my neck, muttering "5 more minutes, lalabs." into my locks.

I chuckle softly at them, tapping on their arms, signaling for them to loosen their grip on me. "Good morning rin sayo."

I feel their lips form a smile on my back, before they lift their head up, and I turn around from my position to face them.

"Hi."

"Hi." the woman moves her face closer to mine, and I meet her halfway, our lips almost touching.

I sat up quicker than I intended to, getting light-headed as the blood rushes down from my head.

I slowly open my eyes, registering the room I was in, the previous day's events running through my mind.

according to you Ms. Valle, you're all mine.

I bring my fingers up to my cheek, the ghost of her lips still lingering where it touched.

tangina valle, you're down bad. I groan in frustration into the pillow.

"Gising ka na pala." speak of the devil.

I avoid looking her way, knowing she just got out of the shower, and I've already had enough embarrassment for this trip. "Okay ka lang? Bat parang namumutla ka?"

I clear my throat and hum in response. "Mhm. Nabigla lang ng gising."

She comes into clear view as she reaches her bag, ang fresh niya lord

Reality is finally much better than my dreams. Kahit na muntikan na kami mag mwa-mwa sa panaginip ko.

"May sinasabi ka?" she asks, head tilting the way it does whenever she's confused.

Umiling ako at sabay tumayo. "Sabi ko maliligo na rin ako, baka pagtripan nanaman tayo ng mga volunteers kung ma-late tayo."

She laughs at that, recalling last night's events. I hit her lightly on the arm and she scoffs indignantly at me. "Aga-aga manakit ah, para san naman yun?"

"That's for yesterday, kaya sila nang-aasar eh."

"Pano ba naman, ang cute mo kaya ma-fluster." I feign offence at that, just to save myself from further embarrassment.

Lord, pati po ba kayo dinodogshow ako diyan?

I move to hit her again, but she blocks my arm, turns me around and lightly pushes me towards the bathroom, "Maligo ka na, ayaw mo maasar diba?"

Despite the chilly early morning breeze, I take a cold shower, having to shake off my thoughts from last night and the dream I had this morning.

What's alarming wasn't the dream itself, but of how frequently it happens. And it was always the same domestic morning of cuddles and warmth, until reality slaps back at me and tells me to wake up and face the truth.

Yet what do I know about the truth?

These feelings of mine have long been far more than infatuation. I've been falling for her for 4 years and no matter how hard I try, there's no way back.

So I've decided to just let myself. To let myself go and fall into the bliss that is her presence.

Because in the 4 years that we were apart, all I wanted was to come back to her, even when i caused the rift between us. Not because I'm a masochist, but because I've realized it's better to have her as a best friend, than not have her by my side at all.