8.

‿︵‿︵ ୨♡~♡୧‿︵‿︵

Today was the day. It was the Halloween dance. Everyone was very excited for this dance. I would go as Baby from Dirty Dancing. I found it in a costume store nearby with Daniel. Speaking of Daniel, he decided not to go.

We sat in the work slash storage room, waiting for Mr. Miyagi to return. The door swung open with Mr. Miyagi holding the pumpkin I carved. "Hello Daniel-son, Y/N." He nodded towards us. I gave him a bright smile. "Happy Halloween! You like?" Daniel glanced downwards at the pumpkin in his hands. "Yeah, it looks cool." Mr. Miyagi nodded. "Y/N carved." I side eyed Daniel and chuckled. I sat on the table that us three work at to trim the bonsai trees. "Going to dance?"

"I am, Daniel doesn't want to go." Mr. Miyagi removed his headband that he had on. "Why not?" Daniel shrugged. "I'm not into dancing that much." I simply rolled my eyes. The real way to get close to Ali was to ask her out. I could go with him but that would interfere with their whole "thing" they had going.

Daniel walked over to the fridge to grab a drink. "Besides I didn't feel like going anyway." Mr. Miyagi nodded. "What will you go as Y/N?" I smiled. "Baby from Dirty Dancing. One of the best movies." Daniel scoffed. He opened the Sprite which made a sizzling noise.

Mr. Miyagi began to light the pumpkins "And I don't even have a costume." He plopped himself into the stool. I took a sip of my coke that sat next to me. "If you have costume, you go?" He had this look on his face like he was up to something. "Probably, well maybe if I went as the invisible man."

I rolled my eyes yet again. I looked up at the clock and jumped down from the table. "Well looks like I have to go get ready. Bye Daniel." I grabbed my backpack and coke and left the room, leaving the two boys.

I walked over to my apartment and stopped at the door. I remembered my mom. I forgot for some time, but standing here brought the memories back. I sighed and slowly creaked the door open glancing inside. It was a bigger mess. Towels and clothes were scattered everywhere around the room. Broken bottles and the smell of alcohol almost knocked me over. Dark stains were in the carpet and the couch. I opened the door a little more and stepped inside. I noticed broken plates and dishes staked almost to the ceiling. Pans stayed at the stove and the fridge was left half way open. I slowly tip-toed over to my room, hoping not to make the slightest of noise.

I changed into a light pink dress and high heels that would click on the tile during the dance. The dress went a little above my knee and squeezed all the right places, making me look better. I curled my H/C hair a little, making it look frizzy. I added blush and lip stick that made my lips look even more glossy. I added a little eye liner and some neutral eye blush.

I spun around in the dress, it slowly lifted up. I smiled at myself in the mirror and walked out. I walked over to the door and spun around when there was a tap on my shoulder. My eyes widened at the sight. It was a grown man, someone I never met ever in my entire life. He looked down at me, and I took a couple steps away from him.

"Who the hell are you and why are you in my apartment?" I stared at his eyes. I didn't know how to defend myself, so I simply stood there, trying to look fierce. "Ah you must be that loathsome daughter that Kim mentioned." I raised an eyebrow, confused. "I'm the new husband, Darik." My mouth dropped a little.

"Excuse me?" He simply laughed. "She must have not told you the exciting news." The man named Darik claimed, smoothing out the wrinkles in his suit. My eyes glanced all around the room. "No, she hasn't because she has been drinking! She isn't in the right state of mind." I whispered shouted, not wanting to wake her. The man laughed. "Whatever she told you, it's probably not true." I said, grabbing my purse from the counter.