23.

‿︵‿︵ ୨♡~♡୧‿︵‿︵.

When I woke up, I found myself in my living room on the couch. I groaned and rolled over. The clock in the kitchen said 11:37. I sat up and saw a little note on the table. I picked it up. It was Daniels hand writing.

Dear Y/N,

I'm sure you're aware of the fact that tomorrow is my birthday. If you feel up to it, come over to Mr. Miyagi's house around 7. If you still don't feel good, please rest. It's not that important anyway.

Love, Daniel

P.S. you looked cute when you fell asleep ;)

I smiled at the note. It was Daniel's 16th birthday. Sweet 16. That's a pretty important birthday if you ask me.

I got up, leaving the note on the coffee table. I went to the fridge and grabbed some grapes and a muffin that my mom must have made.

Speaking of my mom, here she came. You can always tell when she comes down the stairs. Her steps are very light and delicate. "Good morning dear!" She said, coming over and kissing me on the head. "Morning." My voice was very grouchy.

"How was your time training?" She asked, taking out the entire bin of muffins for me. I sat at the bar stool near the counter. "Good. Getting better and better every day." I said, biting into the muffin. She nodded. "Johnny sure has been at it." I swallowed my food, just nodding along.

"If you need me, I'll be at the gym ok? Be good." She gave me a hug and grabbed the keys. "Hey mom, at 7 can you drive me over to Mr. Miyagi's house? It's Daniel's birthday." She smiled, giving me the knowing look. "Of course! Oh, and if your brother ever decides to come down tell him he has some lunch in the fridge." I nodded, waving good bye. "Adios." I said.

She waved good bye, closing the door behind her. I sat on the counter, continuing to eat grapes and another muffin. I picked up our red house phone and dialed Daniel's number.

He didn't answer, probably doing who knows what. I finished eating and heard Johnny coming down. He kind of ignored my presence, just going to the fridge and getting his food. "Mom left you lunch." I said, stuffing more food into my mouth. He didn't answer. "Hello?" I asked.

"Wow, someone didn't sleep well." I said to myself, taking a sip of my water. But I think he heard. "What do you want?" He snapped at me. I put my hands up in defense. "Sorry, didn't know you started your period today." I smiled at him, but he didn't seem fazed by my joke. "Whatever." He said, going back upstairs.

"Someone's going to be on the naughty list this year!" I shouted upstairs, but I heard him stop, and walk back down. Uh oh. I said to myself. When he reached the bottom and looked over at me. "What the fuck do you want?" I was taken back at his words, but quickly shot something back. "Why are you giving me this attitude? I'm literally just trying to make conversation." I said, sitting up.

"I don't have time for your bullshit alright? Now stop talking to me." He walked back upstairs. "God your so fucking annoying." He shouted back down. I got up from the table and walked near the table.

"And you always wonder why no one likes you." I shouted back at him. I heard him slam his door, but before he did he said bitch at the top of his lounges. I groaned getting frustrated. Why is he being so annoying? I heard the phone ring, and ran over and grabbed it. "Hello?" I asked. "Hey you called right?" Daniel asked.

"Happy Birthday!" I screamed into the phone. I heard the phone drop and I laughed into the phone. "Wow, ok, I see your feeling much better." He said. I continued to laugh. "Yeah, I'll be seeing you later 16 year old."