Tan Lines | 4 🌅

"S-so close! So damn close!!"

"Shoot it faster, Luffy! Keep your hands on the handle."

"Hurry! Hurry!!" The Swordsman shouted as their wet bodies trembled together with desperation.

"Help me then! It's n-n-not squirting out like it should!"

"I think it's broken then. You should have shot it out a long time ago."

"JUST HELP ME SQUIRT IT... Out. I got it!" Luffy then took off with a water gun in his hand, shooting at his opponents with Zoro.

"You were right! Water guns really do come in handy for this weather." The boy related to his first mate, praising him for the Water Park he safely took him to with their Navigator's assistance to prevent them from getting lost.

"So, do you admit that this is better than a tanning bed?" The Swordsman asked, messing with Luffy's wet locks of hair as the younger shook his head at him.

"Waaaay better. But the tanning bed did leave a nice tone on my skin, so I can't complain." He giggled, running his hands throughout his bare back.

"He got stronger these last two years, yet I've never noticed his abs until now."

"You got all wet, Zoro!"

"...Did I just get caught?" The Swordsman snapped back to reality and his first instinct was to look down at his crotch.

His face was flustered with embarrassment, but when seeing there was nothing to be "worried" about, he returned his attention back to Luffy, sighing.

He was completely drenched in cold water when the winners of the mini competition they had sprayed him and his Captain with their water guns.

And though this happened quickly, Zoro didn't even feel the coldness of the water.

He was too busy paying attention to Luffy's shorts that tightened against his legs and midsection when coming in contact with the amounts of water they splashed on him.

"What're you on about, hmm? Look at yourself, Mr. shorty pants." The Swordsman teased to not bring anymore attention to himself anymore.

"Huh, these shrunk a lot, didn't they?" Luffy smiled, wringing the water off of the stretchy jeans.

Zoro felt guilty for wanting to stare down at him as he wrung the pants dry, yet his shameless eyes couldn't help but to get the Swordsman in trouble by targeting Luffy's bottom.

"Where do we go next?" The younger asked him, startling the man out of his wits.

"Anywhere. Really, anywhere is fine with me."

"I actually need to go find a restroom around here. All this water made me..." He chuckled nervously.

Zoro then escorted him out of the Water Park and asked someone for directions to the nearest washroom.

Shortly afterwards, they arrived at the location they were in search of and parted ways.

Zoro went to use one of the urinals while Luffy walked ahead of the man to use one of the stalls.

Though privacy wasn't really an issue or an insecurity of his, the real problem was the fact that most, if not, all of the urinals were in use, leaving him no other choice but to use the toilets in the stalls.

"Ahhh...." He let out a sigh of relief and satisfaction while leaning his head backwards.

Growing distracted for a moment, Luffy didn't realize that there was a poisonous scorpion crawling around the bathroom stalls.

Its final destination ended up being the unlucky stall Luffy chose to do his business within, and just as it invaded the Captain's privacy, the boy was tilting his head downwards to reach for his shorts.

"AAAH!!"

When coming in contact with the large scorpion that was about to clamp its claws onto his privates, he bolted out of the stall at the speed of light.

"That was close..." He sighed, turning his head to face a group of adolescent teens that were staring at him with crooked smiles on their face.

Without saying anything, they simply walked away, laughing silently behind Luffy's back.

This irked the young boy as Zoro quietly approached him.

"Sheesh, what's with those guys?" In response to the question Luffy had anonymously made to himself and anyone else that would happen to hear him speak, Zoro knew just what to say.

"Nice tan lines, shorty." The Swordsman smirked, urging Luffy to look at himself in a full body mirror there was in the restroom.

There, he saw two large white lines running across his upper thighs, as the rest of his body remained sunburnt by the sizzling sunlight.

"Aww crap! I knew wearing these was a bad idea... I should have just worn my long pants instead."

The boy argued with himself, rushing back into the stall to pick his clothing up from the floor before the scorpion could return.

"Oh well, no one'll notice them if I have these on, so I'll just-" His body froze when realizing Zoro had seen him naked.

"DON'T LOOK AT ME!"

"NOW YOU'RE SHY? YOU SLOW POKE."

The Swordsman shouted back, obeying his request by turning his head away from the boy until he was done putting his clothes back on.

"I had fun today. Usually, going to the beach can be boring for me since everyone gets to have fun swimming... So, thanks for taking me to the Water Park."

Zoro smiled back at Luffy after he was done speaking. He then wrapped his arm around the Captain's shoulder, exiting the men's restroom.

"Did you have fun, Captain?"

"Lots! Even though I lost, it was still fun. And look! I cooled myself down, just like you said I would!"

"That's nice-" Zoro stopped walking halfway when feeling a sharp pain from within, followed by a severe hot flash that invaded his bloodstream, heating his body up.

"Zoro?"

Before they could return to the beach, the man told Luffy to walk ahead of him as he made his way back into the restroom he had just left.

Being left alone, Luffy shrugged and continued his journey to make it back to where the others were... But something held him back on leaving.

"Zoro did bring me here in the first place and even waited for me to come out. So I should just wait for him instead. He might get lost later on either way."

While marching back to the men's restroom in Sunny Town, Luffy felt a difference ambience than before.

No one seemed to be around except for 3 pairs of shoes he could see poking out from the stalls.

Among the sets of shoes and flip flops he came across, the boy unintentionally found Zoro's sandals.

He was about to speak to him to let him know he would be sticking around until he was finished, when he started to hear a loud shuffling noise on the other side of the stall.

"There's a small opening on this door... I see Zoro, but... What's he doing with his hands?"

🌻🌻🌻