Last Mate | 2 💔

"What was all that noise we heard just now? Did you and Zoro get into another fight?"

Nami asked Luffy as his facial expression changed, the second he made it out to the deck.

"Oh, the noise?" He rubbed the back of his neck.

"Yeah... Something like that. But it's over now, don't worry." The boy smiled, grabbing a plate his Cook handed to him.

"By the way, you guys can go back inside now! Sorry for the wait, nishishishi!!" The shorter boy giggled, biting into a delicious steak Sanji had grilled for everyone.

"No need. We decided to camp out tonight, actually! We even have sleeping bags set out for everyone."

The Cook spoke, showing Luffy a pile of sleeping bags that were aligned neatly onto the hardwood planks of their ship.

"Woah!! Cool! Can I sleep out too?... Ah, but I left my sleeping bag."

"So go get it, it's not like the ship is gonna leave." Nami jokingly said, smacking the back of Luffy's head.

"Right.." Luffy laughed along, placing his plate down for a minute to stand up from the ground.

Soon, as the younger suspiciously approached the inside of the Sunny with caution, he scurried along to his bedroom, becoming less aware of his surroundings by choice.

He decided that he wouldn't worry so much for the sake of his own mental health.

Pacing back down the hallway he had last seen his— now ex boyfriend— before he dropped his "breakup bomb" on him, Luffy wondered if he would eventually come out of his bedroom to join the rest of his friends in their mini gathering.

"I got my sleeping bag, guys!!" 

Pretty soon, the sounds of laughter and wholesome singing brought the Sunny to life as Brook started singing "Binks' Sake".

Everything was going perfectly fine... Until the crewmates started getting drunk and a ukulele ended up in Franky's hands.

His overly dramatic flood of tears almost caused Luffy and his other friends to drown. Especially Chopper, Robin, and Brook, who were devil fruit eaters like Luffy.

"Put a sock in it, Franky! The wood is gonna rot at this point!" Nami shouted, covering her ears as the shipwright continued wailing.

"Man, tonight was fun!" Luffy chuckled, stretching his arms to the night sky above him.

"Going to sleep already, Luffy?" Sanji asked, putting the younger man on the spot as everyone focused their attention on him.

"Ahh, yeah. I ate a lot, I can barely stand on my own two feet!" He confessed, showing little to no interest on starting a conversation with anyone at the moment.

Hearing the lack of energy in his sentence, Sanji didn't encourage the younger boy to stay around any longer if he wasn't in the mood for it.

Instead, he wished him a good night's rest and retreated to his own sleeping bag, which he had sneakily placed right in between the ones Nami and Robin would be using to sleep in that night.

"Goodnight, guys!" Snuggling into his own sleeping bag, Luffy's eyes widened when the campfire was put out, leaving the only stroke of light from the moon above them to illuminate a quarter of the Sunny.

Just when he thought that his mind was finally at peace, deep down, Luffy was still wondering why Zoro ceased to join them around the campfire, even when Chopper went over to his room, twice.

He also wondered why the look on Chopper's face changed drastically, the last time he went to check on Zoro, wanting to insist on him joining them outside.

The shy deer might have passed it off and said Zoro was "not interested" in spending time with them, but his absence left many wondering why the Swordsman was acting so distant on that night.

~☀~

The following day, Luffy woke up hours after everyone else and didn't find Zoro anywhere around the ship, among the many friends he had.

The Sunny had docked at six thirty in the morning, or so Franky and Chopper recall after they both worked hard to stop the ship before it could collide against the Island they now found themselves in.

"Did Zoro wake up yet?" The boy asked.

Despite knowing that Zoro wasn't in his room, he didn't want to make it seem like he was desperate to know where he was in front of the others.

Truth be told, he wasn't worried. He was simply curious as to where the mysterious Swordsman could have gone.

"Oooh, he woke up a long time ago. Zoro was one of the first to get down, actually." Nami spoke, filing her nails.

"Get down...? Wait, where are we?" Luffy asked, standing up to look beneath the Sunny to find a little town beneath him.

"Big Tokyo, apparently. It's an Island dedicated to selling and transporting the finest weaponry from all around the world. I was just on my way to one of their shops with Usopp."

The orange haired woman responded once again, waving a blue baton in the air with a smile.

Upon hearing this, Luffy's curiosity got the best of him, so he followed behind Nami and Usopp, telling them that he was interested on the kind of battle gear they sold at the store they were going to.

The road Nami had taken was supposed to lead them towards the shop in around five minutes, but their destination ended up becoming longer than she thought.

After twenty minutes had gone by, Nami and Usopp finally made it to the shop. When looking to their left, they realized that Luffy stopped walking halfway.

In his eyes, there appeared to be something alluring him away from his crewmates and towards a different alleyway.

"I'll catch up with you two later." He smiled as Nami rushed outside of the store.

"Luffy!! Where are you going?"

"I have to do something!" Seconds later, the Captain mysteriously vanished, leaving his Navigator and Sniper behind.

"I wonder what he's up to..."

Nami thought before entering the store again, wondering what mischief her shameless Captain would get into this time.

~~~