Last Mate | 9 💔

As the Strawhats gathered around within the room, they wished Zoro a speedy recovery, cracked a couple of jokes to make him laugh, and more importantly, they asked him how he was feeling.

"There was a huuuuge misunderstanding... I sorta overheard you and doctor sheep talking about a 'Code Blue' in this room. But apparently, he was in the room NEXT to this one! Uwahahaha!! Hahaha! Ha... I'm sorry."

Luffy's laughter made a smile subconsciously appear across Zoro's lips.

"Happy, guys. I'm very happy." He admitted to his friends.

"Happy? You paralytic fool! You almost died, and that's all you have to say?" Sanji questioned before his eyes nearly popped out of his socket as a pretty nurse passed him by.

"I... I can see why you like it here... Give me that for a minute-" He ripped Zoro's oximeter off of his finger and attached it to his own, while hyperventilating on purpose.

"N-Nurse! I NEED A NURSE, PLEASE! HELP ME!!" He shouted, closing his eyes.

"Oh my!! Your pulse is so high, sir!" A soft, gentle voice spoke to him.

"Such a beautiful sounding voice..." He thought, turning red from the moment he opened his eyes and saw a group of attractive nurses surrounding him.

The women screamed as Sanji shot up to the ceiling with a never-ending nosebleed that ran down his nose like a waterfall.

"We have to get this man a blood transfusion!! Does anyone know what his type is?!"

"NOPE, no one in this entire room does. Take that curly-browed Cook away for as long as you can, it increases my chances of recovering faster." Zoro insisted.

As Sanji was rushed out of the room in a wheelchair, Zoro crossed his legs and rested, calmly.

"BYE, DOCTOR SHEEP!! THANKS FOR SAVING MY SOU- SWORDSMAN!" Luffy shouted from afar, being scolded by Doctor Miyagi.

"For the last time, I'm a goat, not a sheep! And please stop yelling so loudly, this is a hospital, not a playground."

The elder man sighed as Luffy waved at him, clearly not listening to what he was saying, like a four year old.

"What a nice old man.... Or sheep. Whatever he was!" Luffy laughed, walking towards Zoro who appeared to be alone.

"Where'd everyone go?" He asked the Swordsman.

~Silence~

Not a single response.

Turning his head down, Luffy smiled fondly at the older man who was fast asleep.

Leaning down to get a closer listen to his soft snoring, Luffy ended up screaming as Zoro carried him by his waist.

"WAIT...!" He gasped, unintentionally placing his hands over the man's biceps while being placed on top of his lap.

"Zoro, stop doing these things! You'll hurt yourself again!! I already feel bad enough that you got hurt because of me... Don't make me feel worse!"

He slapped the back of Zoro's head while Zoro pressed his face against Luffy's back.

"Let's get out of here." He suggested, while still nestling his face into the younger boy.

"Did the impact of the car make you more stupid than ME? I can't believe you wanna leave this hospital in your condition!!"

"So is that a yes, or..."

Luffy looked at Zoro.

Zoro looked at Luffy.

Together, their unexplained unintelligence lead them to make a hasty decision.

"How far can you walk?" The younger boy crossed his arms, standing a few inches away from Zoro's bed.

"What, this? I've survived with fatal injuries before, this ain't nothing." Zoro stood up and started to walk rather normally on his own.

Proving that, even if his physical health wasn't in perfect conditions, he was still strong enough to walk a few steps forward around the recovery room.

"Zoro, don't push yourself too far. Even if you wanted to leave, you can't make it far without that thing making a loud noise." Zoro turned his head to face a heart monitor.

"That old thing? Isn't this what gave you such a hard time in the ambulance?"

"... Don't start!" Luffy pulled his straw hat down to cover his face. The taller man smirked, removing the item from his eyes, wrapping an arm over his shoulder.

"Is someone still sentimental about my death? Man... I had such a long life ahead of me." Zoro teased, pointing at the empty room beside him.

"Zoro, that's disrespectful for both me, AND THE MAN WHO DIED! You psychopath!!" Luffy whacked the man over his arm, earning a groan of pain from him.

"Hey, I broke this one, you know. You coulda at least hit the other arm." The Swordsman squinted his eyes, rubbing the cast over his arm.

"S-sorry. Don't keep reminding me, it makes me feel bad!"

"You should feel bad! If you wouldn't have stood in the middle, none of this would have happened." Zoro's response made Luffy turn whiter than a ghost.

His heart sank as he felt the need to hide but had nowhere to go in that moment.

"Did you know how worried I was- Luffy... What's-" Zoro went silent after seeing the look in Luffy's swollen eyes as he turned over.

"Then I won't make you worry anymore... You're right, it's better if you just go, the way you wanted this entire time. I'm sorry for trying to stop you."

The brunette started walking away, as anger culminated within Zoro's body, making his blood boil.

As a loud strap came apart, the sound alarmed Luffy as he saw Zoro removing the bandage around his arm.

"You moron!!!! Your arm needs to heal!"

His eyes widened as he was pulled into a tighter embrace that was impossible for him to break free from... Though truth be told, the boy was unsure if he even wanted to detach himself from the Swordsman's arms.

"You know what else needs to heal?" Zoro dragged Luffy's hand up to his chest, staring at him with a deadly expression.

"The heart you fucking broke inside of me."

~~~