Last Mate | 10 💔

"That's why you shouldn't be with me! I'll only break you even more, stupid!!"

Freeing himself from the older man, Luffy picked his hat up from the floor after it fell during their embrace. He then stared up at the older man.

"I think the one who doesn't wanna be with me is you."

"It's not like I have a choice, Zoro! You don't know how bad things could get..."

Zoro raised his head up at Luffy, standing closer to him, without making another attempt at touching even a single strand of his brunette locks as the younger turned around to leave.

"I don't care about the choices you have or don't have. But let me ask you this, Luffy... Do you even like me?"

"No. Of course, I don't."

The look on Zoro's face as Luffy let out such harsh words with little to no hesitation or reaction whatsoever, was painful for anyone to witness...

Even the nurses who were secretly spying on them.

Zoro was at a loss for words. Luffy had taken everything from him: His words, his soul, his chance to be a Swordsman within his Pirate crew, and even his dignity.

"Then why are you still standing here like that?" Zoro reached into his pocket, taking out a black piece of cloth to toss it at the young boy.

"Real men don't cry, Luffy."

"Guess I'm not a real one then."

Luffy dropped to his knees, sobbing into them as Zoro watched him, completely unmoved.

"Luffy, get a grip! Tell me once and for all: What are we? What am I to you?"

The young pirate swallowed his pride to give Zoro one last glance, unable to even speak properly, the first few minutes he spent trying to let out a simple sentence.

When he finally got himself back together, he spoke the only words that were left in his heart, dedicated solely for the Swordsman to hear.

"I don't like you anymore..."

"I can see that. I didn't think you could hate me to the point of breaking down this way-" The Swordsman looked beneath his waist to see a pair of arms wrapped around him.

"This... Idiot!! Luffy, my ribs are broken!"

Zoro whispered to the boy as Luffy found the nearest emergency exit, hiding from as many hospital workers as he could, to make his big escape with the older man.

Directing a sour expression at an arm connected to his midsection, just a few inches lower than his waist, and another located closely towards a door handle, Zoro shut his eyes.

"Gum-Gum No..."

"I should have stayed in bed this morning." The Swordsman sighed, seconds before being launched by Luffy's elastic arms.

"SLINGSHOT!!!!"

Heads turned from every-which-way, wondering where such ruckus was coming from and how to silence it.

"HEY! STOP THEM!"

Before a group of security guards and medical workers could make a run to rescue the patient Luffy was trying to kidnap, their attempt in saving Zoro was unsuccessful.

The reckless youngster had gotten away with his injured ex-lover, embracing him as if he were made of rubber as well.

~~~

"LU-F-FY.. You little.."

Pieces of white bandages littered the roads Luffy was speeding through with Zoro, seconds after stealing an unlucky car that someone was stupid enough to leave their keys inside of without locking their vehicle.