Last Mate | 11 💔

The younger boy's confusing confession was loud enough to make a small crowd gather around him and Zoro.

"Coming from a guy who hates me, you make it seem as if you really did care."

Zoro replied, giving the younger a round of applause.

"What do you think I took you all the way over here for?!"

"I didn't have time to ask because you were already kidnapping me by the time I opened my mouth. So you tell me: What exactly is all this about?"

A grunt emitted from Zoro's lips as he felt weak, for a moment.

While Zoro lost his balance, Luffy lost his patience and started to let out his rage towards him.

"Zoro, I don't hate you! But I don't like you either..."

"Repeating yourself has become a habit of yours, hasn't it? Wait no. More like: Repeating words that hurt me the most."

The Swordsman grabbed the raging brunette by his collar, staring at him with daggers in his eyes.

"I already had to handle our one-sided breakup, but on top of it all, you keep pouring salt into my wounds, reopening them. Damn you, Luffy!"

Releasing the younger, Luffy tumbled back.

Pulling himself back together, Luffy's anger triggered him beyond his control, leading him to punching a hole into the car Zoro was now leaning against, shattering one of its fog lights.

"THEN LET ME HEAL YOU AGAIN!"

"What are you do-" Zoro was caught off guard as the younger wrapped his arms beneath his waist, pulling him into a close embrace.

"Do you even like me? What are we? Don't be so hardheaded, sentences like those don't suit you at all! I'll tell you the truth right now."

Luffy gritted his teeth, angrily pushing his head upwards, banging Zoro against his chin.

"NGH! LUFFY, DAMMIT- Oh come on, what's wrong now? Man up!"

The older man groaned, seeing tears welling up in Luffy's eyes again.

"What are we? Zoro, we're a pair of idiots!!"

Zoro's eyes slowly shut as he pulled Luffy closer when the boy pushed his face against his, kissing him roughly, instantly relieving the tension in between both of them.

"What are you to me? An irreplaceable Swordsman.

Do I even like you? I already told you: I don't like you."

Luffy guided the Swordsman inside of the car, pushing the seat back, fidgeting with the button on his pants until it came undone.

"Right where we are now, I'll prove myself right." Zoro's legs went limp as Luffy got in between them.

"Because,"

"Luffy."

Watching his ex boyfriend attempting to interrupt him, the Captain placed his hand over Zoro's lips to let out his confession before regret would silence him.

Swallowing his pride for the last time, Luffy smiled, no longer caring about his choice of words in that very moment.

"Zoro... I love you."

~~~