nineteen. Very Intimidating

The sun was just beginning to set on the beach party the group held for themselves. The blonde duo had decided to ditch the party to go skinny dipping together, Kitty and Brody both sat at the bar taking advantage of the bottomless drinks, Alejandro danced around the dance floor with Heather, Courtney sat at a table nearby recording the two as she sat next to Duncan. She laughed as Heather made a face at the camera before she stopped recording and turned to the rapper.

"I'm actually excited to get in the stu with youu." She singsonged the last part, making the raven haired man chuckle. "Court, I am nervous. I have to actually sing with you on this new song, I'm a rapper." "I've heard you sing in the shower. I love your voice, Dunkie." He smirked at her as her cheeks reddened looking away. Duncan taking notice of it but not pointing it out. "Oooh, pulling out my nickname are we? And it's different, I'm also singing next to you. It's very intimidating." He gave her a wink as she focused back on him, a giggle slipping out her lips as she leaned on the table towards him. "Don't flatter me. You're gonna sound great, and then when we release upgrade u after, everyone's gonna freak out on you being an amazing rapper." The sound of someone clearing their throat made the two move back from eachother. And then to face the former dancing couple. "I tried to keep her over there but she stomped on my foot!" The ravenette smirked feeling Alejandro's glare on her as the two sat down. She nodded in confirmation as she turned to look at the two. "Bridge said the waters nice, we should join them.."

Courtney quickly spat out trying to get Heather's intense skeptical glare off the two of them. "Skinny dipping? I mean that's a lot of bonding, Barlow." The tall Asian that sat across from them, fake gagged loudly making the rapper glare at her. "I mean.. why would she ever skinny dip wi-" "let's go." The brunette got up from her seat finishing her drink. The three looked at her in shock and surprise more than anything. "I'm serious. Duncan, let's go and if you two wanna join be my guest." She then raised an eyebrow at her taunting best friend, who scoffed loudly rolling her eyes. The Italian quickly got up following the much shorter singer towards the shore. "What was that?" Looking up at him as he quickly caught up to her, Courtney laughed hearing the worry in his voice. "That was nothing. Me and Heather fight all the time, that was just me warning her to cool down on you." She sighed heavily, looping her arm in his. "I like you.. sometimes." The two laughed as Duncan locked his arm with Courtney, her phone ringing cut their laughter short. Pulling it out of her pocket, the two audibly groaned seeing the ginger on the screen. The brunette turned to him raising an eyebrow, his eyes still on the phone. "Ignore it.." As he turned to face her, his own thick brow copied the singer's. "Or I'll do it for you, remember our conversation Courtney-"

"Oh, would you shut up!" Using her outburst, Duncan reached for the phone quickly grabbing it from her grasp and answering the call. Though as soon as he got a hold on it, the latina was battling him for the device. "Courtney, I know yo-" "whoops! I am not Courtney, buddy-" the rapper quickly dodged the brunette jumping towards him trying to grab the phone, as she let out an annoyed whine. "Who the hell is this? Give my girlfriend back the damn phone!" He avoided Courtney's grabby hands as he continued to talk on the phone. "Oh, you know Duncan. The guy she's making not one but two songs with!.. I'm guessing you're the boyfriend—" "you thi-" The phone was snatched out his hands by the singer who quickly hung the phone up on the red neck. The Italian couldn't keep his laughter in as he turned to face Courtney, whose expression showed anything but joy.

"What the hell is wrong with you?!" His laughter ceased quickly when he caught sight of her anxious, fearful expression. "Courtn-" "I just told you last night what happened. Wh-" Immediately cutting her off like she just did to him. Duncan shook his head sternly looking down at her. "He isn't going to do anything to you, Court. I promise you, I won't let him." Looking up to him, she caught his teal eyes biting her lip nervously, not wanting to break the eye contact . "How do you know that, Duncan?"

Grabbing her hand, he pulled her into his chest using his free hand to wrap around her waist. Their eye contact was unbreakable. "I got you."