twenty. I do my research

"Awww! This is so cute, thanks Kitty and Alejandro!" Courtney squealed holding a mimosa in her hand. Their official final day in the Bahamas had arrived, and the two had slightly done up the living area and kitchen. String lights hung up on the walls , creating a warm light throughout. A ring light was set up by the patio door for some group pictures, and Alejandro was finishing setting up a large charcuterie board by the sitting area before he faced Courtney with a smile. "No problem. This t-"

"OH MY GOD!! YOU DID KARAOKE TOO!?" Hearing her best friend's scream, the brunette's onyx eyes widened in surprise. "You didn't-" placing the glass down, she rushed over to where the girls were checking out the karaoke machine. "Oh, I am so going first-" "no way, I am!" the girl's bickering amongst themselves suddenly stopped as Geoff piped up from the kitchen. "Is there no hard alcohol?" Making the party laugh, Alejandro was able to get control of the room again. "Okay guys. Our jet leaves at 7, so we need to be all packed up and leaving the villa by 5:30. But I wanna say thank you all for coming to this trip with an open mind , and a wallet to match. You guys welcomed me in to your group with open arms, and girls, you lived it up and kept us in check ... for the most part. This trip was a great experience and I am happy to have enjoyed it with you guys. I wish you all luck on your future endeavors, and hope to see you again in the future. Now with all the formalities out the way, let's party!" Everyone cheered, returning to their own activities as Heather walked up to the Latino. "Hi, mi amor." "Hey... can we talk outside?"

"Wanna go next?" Turning to face him, the singer smiled at her ex-enemy leaning toward him. "If I didn't know any better. I'd say you like me, mr. Rap god." Scoffing at her answer, Duncan looked away avoiding looking at the girl. "In your dreams, Barlow. And you should be flattered with the thought, honestly." "Puh-lease, you ogre!" Her manicured hand cupped his chin, squeezing his cheeks as she turned his face toward hers. She sent him a playful wink as he shooed her hand off, she stood up from her seat. "Pick a song, Nelson."

The green eyed Latino stepped out onto the patio, the view of Heather with the Caribbean sun setting behind her making him fall for the cold hearted beauty even more. She looked out to the water, her hand resting on the railing. His eyes were glued on the woman as he walked up to her. She turned around to face him just in time. "Hey.." "mi amor—" the two spoke up at the same time, making Alejandro chuckle, about to speak again before Heather's perfectly manicured hand stopped him. "Let me go... because I'm really not sure how to tell you this..
like I've never confessed my feelings to someone cause I've never felt this way about someone.. so I just wanna get it out there. I l-" The familiar feeling of his lips on hers cut her sentence short. Though, this was one instance where she was relieved of the fact. She wrapped her arms around his neck, deepening the kiss with him before he slowly pulled away leaning his forehead against hers. "I adore you, Heather Lee."

The music starting made Courtney gasp, abruptly turning to the screen to confirm her fear. Laughter came from all around her before she turned back glaring at Duncan. "You bitch! You put on your own song, how self-indulgent could you be?!" She yelled, the bubbly in her system only boosting her dramatics. "Girl, you better get ready! he about to start rapping." Kitty pointed out, still laughing with the group. "You heard her, Barlow." With a growl, she turned back to the tv screen starting to rap along to the lyrics quite well actually. The group watching her in a mix of shock and awe. Duncan, being the most engaged in her performance. His head was bopping to the beat of his song, and he was throwing out encouragement words to the small singer until he jumped into the middle of the circle they created with her.

She quickly passed the microphone off to him as he continued. He sung along to his song as the brunette danced alongside him before quickly grabbing the extra mic, joining in with him. Smiling at her, the rapper grabbed her free hand, pulling her closer to him, spinning her around in the action. The group cheered their little performance on until the song soon ended. The two smiled at eachother as Courtney squealed reaching up, hugging Duncan tightly. "That was so fun!! Next time, I'm making you sing one of my songs." Giving her a wink, he reluctantly pulled back from the hug before they placed the mics back down.

~

The jet was seemingly silent, except for the light snores from the sleeping group. Yet in the very back of the plane. Courtney and Duncan sat together, her feet rested on his lap as they quietly talked. "Do you do like my music, Barlow? You knew my entire song." The singer scoffed at the question, as she felt his eyes on her. "I have to know my duet partner. Unlike you, I do my research." Duncan raised an eyebrow at her, leaning back into his seat, but careful to not knock her feet off his lap. "You didn't answer my question.. and I'm offended. Who says I didn't listen to your whole discography?" "Uh.. me. I know you didn't."

Chuckling, the ravenette opened his phone, going into his voice memos app. Watching him intently, the singer was confused until she heard the instrumental track start to play, making her gasp and hit his chest.
"How did you get my old song? I never even finished this." "I did my research. Which is how I know this song is about Scott, and it's why you need to break up with him." The brunette sighed heavily, looking away from him not wanting to go over this again. "And as much as you have tried to avoid it, it's over. We're going home now, and it has to happen." Turning her face back to his with his thumb, Duncan was shocked as she grabbed his neck smashing her lips against his.