twenty-two. News for you

With a wave, the raven haired heiress exited the luxury store, with two shopping bags showing the signature Chanel font. A smile was bright on her face until she collided into someone upon stepping onto the street. "Oh, you have got to be kidding me-" Looking up to whoever bumped her, she lifted her sunglasses to sit on top of her head as her expression changed. "Alejandro.." The Latino looked back at the Asian, the two seemingly going into their own world. "Heather.. hey mi amor." She felt her heart swell, hearing him greet her. "I'm sorry that I've been MIA.. just been ironing things out with my job." The ravenette's response was her practically jumping onto the man, hugging him tightly. He immediately returned the hug, closing his eyes for a second trying to savor the moment as he heard her speak. "I missed you." She stated slowly pulling back from the embrace. A smile formed onto his face as he looked down at the tall woman. "I missed you more. And, do I have news for you.." He held his hand out for her bags, which she gladly surrendered and began to walk alongside him.

~

"I wish I was special, I gave all my special away to a loser. Now I'm just a loser, I used to be special but you made me hate..." The slow song's volume decreased as Courtney heard the sound of footsteps about to enter the studio. "This is a private s-" turning her chair around, her mouth dropped seeing who had walked in. "Oh my god! What- who told you I was here?!" Jumping out of her chair, the pop star ran over hugging the taller man. "Hmm, lucky guess.. You claimed this studio for yourself since you got signed." "Since WE got signed, and aren't you supposed to be on tour right now?" He chuckled, crossing his arms over his chest. "And shouldn't you be getting ready for a tour?" "Ugh, that is a long story!" "Well.. I've got time." Watching him walk over to the couch, and sit down made her laugh as she followed behind to join him. "You are funny, Trent."

~

The rapper shoved a handful of chilli fries into his mouth just before he jumped up in celebration and began cheering loudly with his friends at the tv. It was finally time for the guy to relax and be himself after coming back from vacation. Not to mention, Courtney keeps acting weirder and weirder around him, almost like their bonding never happened. He was cut out of his thoughts by the loud boom of his friend. "If the Maple Leafs win this, we are going out tonight to celebrate! And they are going to win, I feel it!" Geoff yelled as the game went to commercial. "But if they lose, we'll still go out to party the sadness out." He shrugged as he picked his phone up. DJ and Brody chuckled at his statement but Duncan sat silent sipping his beer. DJ eyed the the rapper right before he heard the ding of the oven, indicating that his brownies were done. He hopped up, rushing over to the oven to check on them. Geoff and Duncan both had their heads in their phones, making Brody the only one to actually notice the doorbell ring. He shoved about three chili fries in his mouth walking over to open the door to reveal Bridgette. "Bridgette!" He yelled with his mouth still full of fries. The blonde laughed giving Brody a hug before entering the apartment as he moved aside. "Hey guys! I hope you guys don't mind I brung Kitty along with me."

~

"Finally, I went to break up with Scott with his help. Then when Scott tried to force me in his apartment, he fucking ripped him a new one. It was like a scene from a movie." Trent's face was twisted into thought, before it rested into a understanding face nodding, and after a long moment of silence he spoke up. "Damn.. W fake Eminem guy, and if I didn't know any better I'd say you like him." Looking at him quickly, Courtney's eyes squinted at Trent with a glare set behind them. "What? I'm just saying! I mean I don't know you that well but I have known you for two years. Your girls haven't mentioned anything?"

"Well, Heather hates him actually, and um Bridgette was too busy trying to get with one of his friends to notice anything." "What about the hot one that hates everything?" Raising an eyebrow, a small laugh came from her mouth. "Gwen? She was busy the week the trip was scheduled so she couldn't come, but her and Heather don't really get along either... wait a minute. Why do YOU think I like him?" Leaning back onto the seat, Trent raised his own eyebrow at Courtney. "You just told me you almost kissed him when you two first got there, he calmed you down from a potential panic attack, then you kissed him on the plane when y'all were leaving, you also slept with him and before you protest.. drunk or not you knew that was Duncan, you even gave him a nickname."

"Ohh fuck! I do like him!"

... Obviously Courtney didn't tell Trent about what Scott did to her, she left it out and glossed over details about it and the bruise. I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter, and are buckled up because Courtney and Duncan will be going through A LOT before actually getting together. 🤣😉