one. Damage Control

"So, what can we do to fix this?" Courtney sighed as the people on her management team discussed possible solutions to their little problem that Courtney's ex started. After their break-up, Scott Miller went right to TMZ to tell them anything they would believe. "We have to find a good solution for this. Courtney is America's sweetheart. We can't let people think Scott was telling the truth." A chair slightly hitting hers made Courtney look up and see her bestfriend. The asian smirked at her before whispering to her. "See what happens when you don't listen to me... dried up exes try to shit on your name. He shouldn't even be an ex, I told you to go for Bieber." The latina rolled her dark brown eyes before looking away from the table they all sat at. She placed her hand under her chin, closing her eyes. Anytime they were in a business meeting, Courtney would usually zone out and just write songs in her mind. Usually not paying attention for majority of the meeting, and somehow still able to know what they were talking about in the meeting. "I have an idea." Heather raised an eyebrow at Chris McLean. The head of the record company that Courtney and a lot of other successful artists are under. His face told them that he was onto something, something that he thought would have him rolling in cash. And he was right. "And that is?"

~

"They want me to do what?" Heather gave Courtney a calming smile to try to avoid an outburst as she sat next to her on her sofa. "Do a song with this new artist..." "Again?!" Her face dropped realizing the smile didn't work. She leaned back smiling at the latina. "Yes, again. Chris has made you his cash cow if you haven't noticed. Every song you make your fans will go crazy for and make it sell out in stores." Courtney sighed as she wrapped her hair up in a bun, picking up her wine glass from Heather's table looking at her again. "I've noticed. I really wanted to focus on rehearsing and planning out my tour. I mean it's coming so soon." "I know but you can do both, Court. If anyone can, it's you." Heather nudged her as she huffed shaking her head. "Okay, who even is this new artist?" A shrug came from the asian before she took a sip of her wine. "I don't know. Some rapper named Duncan Nelson."

~

"Alright, that was great Duncan." Grand master chef looked at him with a smirk as he came out the booth. "It sounded good out here?" The big man nodded messing with some knobs that was on the board. "Yeah, just need to add your ad-libs and then it'll be finished." Geoff, one of Duncan's best friends stood up putting his hand in his shoulder. "That song was fire, Duncan!" Duncan smirked about to walk out before he was stopped by the head of his label coming in smiling widely, his eyes filled with mischeif. "Duncan... how do you feel about Courtney Barlow?"