Chapter 17

Trailing Deep Waters (University Royalties #3) - Chapter 16

"Saan ka punta, Isaac?" Ruigie, another varsity swimmer asked, shouting. 

Nilingon ko ang ulo ko sa kan'ya at tinaas ang kamay ko kung saan hawak ang kulay Blue kong Hydroflask. "Kakain na, bro! Ingat!"

Kumaway siya kaya nagpatuloy na ako sa pag-lalakad papunta sa parking lot. I don't usually eat out, pero kapag puno ang isipan ko, lumalabas ako at ginugusto kong mapag-isa.

Tapos na ang klase ko, tapos break namin sa swimming training para sa upcoming competition, at tapos na rin ang pagiging participant ko sa isang Research study. 

My mind was drifting elsewhere while walking, my mind was full of thoughts, thoughts that were unknown to me because of how many they were.

I was wondering how I could escape from Political Science, I was wondering if I would even have the strength to disobey my parents' orders in the near future, and I was also wondering... if what would be my parents' reaction when they find out that I like men. 

Will they kick me out of our house? Will they hide my identity to the public? Will they disown me? Will they remove my name from the family register? I don't know which punishment they'll choose, maybe all of them.

I got inside my car and drove. Hindi ko alam kung saan ako pupunta, pinipihit ko lang ang manibela at hinahayaan ang sarili kong mapunta sa kung saan ako balak dalhin ng tadhana.

And well... destiny brought me to the waters. 

Ang layo ng lugar na 'to sa subdivision namin pero dinala ako rito sa lugar na 'to. It was familiar and unknown to me at the same time.

Hininto ko ang sasakyan sa tabi ng kalsada, where a body of water could be found. It was almost sunset, and instead of being in awe with the beauty of the calm waters reflecting the sun lowering down, I focused my eyes on a weeping woman.

Is this... Venice?

She pretty much reminded me of a young girl before when I was in high school. Mukhang lugi ang mukha, kaya binigyan ko ng chocolates. How I wish this trick would work on her too.

Iniatras ko ang kaliwang paa ko, gripping the chocolate bar on my hand and threw it to Venice's direction who was crying while staring at the deep waters. 

Imbis na mapasaya si Venice katulad ng batang babae noon, mukhang na-badtrip pa ata siya. Kung minamalas nga naman, ulo pa niya ang natamaan ko. 

"Aray! Putangina!"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------