Book buddy hangout

Ayanokouji POV

"Hello Ayanokouji-kun." The silver-haired girl greeted me with her signature, angelic smile.

"Hey Hiyori." I said, raising my hand.

I sat beside her in the library. During this time, we would read our books in hand. Every now and then, we share our opinions about the pieces we read. Although it was silent, the time we spent together was comforting for both of us. I do wish that we could hangout more than just these book reading meetups.

3 hours later, I could feel that we were both getting slightly tired from all this reading.

"Hey Hiyori. It's probably getting late now. Don't you think?" I said, looking at her.

That's when I realized that she had slept for who knows how long, while leaning on my shoulder. It was an adorable sight. Her delicate body, lightly rising from her breathing. Her pink, alluring lips, forming a cute smile. I caressed her silver, soft, silky hair. The texture was heavenly. She stirred around from my touch, and she slowly woke up. Seems that she's a light sleeper.

"Hm? Oh, Ayanokouji-kun. Sorry for sleeping on your shoulder. I just got a bit tired from reading." Her soft, tired voice spoke. 

I didn't respond. I was entranced by her beauty and stared at her lips for quite a while. I only realized I had been staring for too long, when she slightly blushed from the silent eye contact.

"It's alright. I didn't mind. Also, sorry for staring." I said.

"It's okay, Ayanokouji-kun. I wasn't bothered at all." She said with a flustered expression, while frantically waving her arms around with an awkward smile.

I nodded in understanding as a response.

I was so distracted that I almost forgot what I was planning to tell her after our reading session.

"Do you want to go to Keyaki Mall tomorrow, Hiyori?" I asked her.

The reason I asked her is that it's her birthday the next day, and I would like to give her a nice celebration because she deserves it as a friend. 

"Ohh. Come to think of it, we only ever read books, so I'd love to go to the mall with you!" Hiyori said, with a beautiful smile.

"I'm glad to hear that. Can we meet at 10AM?" I asked.

"Mhm!" She quickly nodded.

"Alright. See you tomorrow, Hiyori." I said, standing up to leave the library.

"Bye bye, Ayanokouji-kun!" Hiyori, unexpectedly, shouted. The remaining people in the library hushed her.

"Oop. Sorry." Hiyori whisper-shouted.

I found the situation a bit amusing, but I just nodded back at her before I left.

As I walked back to the dorms, I pondered about the strange trance I was in, earlier.

I felt a strange feeling, when I stared at Hiyori. A sense of attraction to her presence, to her touch. Is this love? That seems outlandish. It's a small emotion that could just be deemed irrelevant...

... But I intend to find out what it truly is, tomorrow.

Chapter End

A short one here. I plan to make a part 2. I don't ALWAYS want to tease you all with a cliffhanger.

It's currently finals week for me, so there's my weekly excuse of not updating. 

I'm not empty-handed though. I have a lot of drafts in my artillery as of the moment, so when I get done with these exams, it's gonna be higher quality stuff..... I hope.

Anyways, signing out.

Peace!