Chapter Eleven

When we eventually got to Robert's office we were greeted by the lovely Beck and her boss. Both sat in the meeting room waiting.

"Do you want me to wait out here?" I ask as we head to his office. The familiar surroundings coming back to me.

"No I want you in with me" Robert replies. Holding onto my hand.. I want her to see you.

He pushes the door to the meeting room open and that's where they are sat.

"Good Afternoon, sorry we're late.."

And if I could show you the look I get from Beck.. if looks could kill, I'd be dead. She's furious. Her jaw clenched, and she immediately looks down to where our hands are connected.

"Good afternoon Mr Downey.. I hope this meeting you called for on a Saturday means good news?" The older man, who I assume is the boss of Becks asks Robert.

"I think we should get straight to it.." Robert states bluntly sitting on the opposite side of the table, and I take the seat next to, I swallow hard as I feel his hand rest on my thigh.

"That's great! I have the documents to sign over, if we're all agreed that is..."

Robert is just laughing. I don't think they realise what he's about to do..

"No.. I'm sorry. We're not all agreed" he states, lifting his hand off my thigh to rest on the table, holding them together. "The deal is off.."

"What?" The man is stunned. "Mr Downey we had a deal.."

"Yes and now I'm telling you the deal is off.." Robert tells him but with more of a clenched jaw. Clearly annoyed.

"All because of her?" She speaks. Her tone annoyed and sharp.

"Excuse me?" Robert questions.

I just sit there silently, my anxiety growing by the minute, my heart is racing. I sit playing with my hands on my lap, looking down at the papers Robert has in front of him,

"You're closing this deal, because of her? Right Robert?" She asks again.

"Yes" Robert agrees quickly which makes me lift my head up.

"I am.. but because this deal was based on a stupid fantasy by you.. which almost caused me to lose Lily.."

"In fact, you did make me lose her. Unprofessionally, by making her quit as my assistant.. luckily I managed to get her back and now she is my girlfriend. So yeah Miss Drew.. this deal is off because of her.."

"You can't do this!" The man shouts. "We had a deal!"

"I'm sorry, but you can blame your assistant, and you can take it out on her!" Robert states calmly.. "I trust you know your way out.." Robert stands out of his seat and pushes down his suit jacket.

"Robert!" He shouts again.

"You ready my Dear?" He looks down to me offering his hand.

"You'll regret this Robert! She is nothing!!" I hear another shout as I head to the door only this time it was her voice. She's talking about me I guess..

"Wow.." I whisper but loud enough Robert hears

"Hey.. come here.." he pulls me into his body, wrapping his arms around me into a hug.

"Sorry about that.." he whispers into my ear and kisses my neck .

"I'm just so surprised at her.." I admit to him. Not knowing what her agenda is against me.

"Forget it..she's irrelevant..now just wait her I just need to put these in my office and we can get going.."

I nod and watch Robert open the door to his office, as he goes inside the wonderful Beck comes storming out of the meeting room and she's quick to approach me.