Chapter Fourteen

I have to say,  two people being obsessed and jealous over another girls man is quite amusing but so annoying.
They've been calling Robert, texting him for two weeks straight after the Gala, and now one has the nerve to show up at his office?
Robert told me about it when he arrived home one evening.

"I think it was Sarah.. she was at the office, not sure why but she didn't get past security on the main floor so I never saw her" He said as he comes back out of the home office room.

"Why can't they just leave you alone?" I frown watching him.

"I don't know baby.." once he hangs his jacket up, he walks over to me on the couch, he picks up the book I'm reading from my hands and places it down beside me, next thing I know he's laying down and pulling me down to cuddle with him.

This is what I love about nights with him.

Yes I didn't mention, after the gala he made sure I stayed with him, it's cute really. He's quite protective.

We lay there in silence. His hand softly playing with my hair. Listening to each other breathing. It's little things like this that make me realise how happy I am right now.

"I'm going out tomorrow with Brad, do you want to join us?" I ask after a few moments of pure silence between us.

"Out? Out where?"

"For a few drinks after work, you don't have to.."

"No it's ok. You go enjoy yourself, as long as you stay safe and you come back here to me.."

I smile looking up to him and softly rest my head on his chest.. "of course, I won't be gone long, just a bit of shopping for Brad's holiday and a few drinks.."

"Great..how about a nice bath and I'll cook us up something for dinner?"

"I kinda want dessert first.." I suggest to him, after all he's been working all day and he's always taken such care of me..

"You.. uh.."

I nod and move my hand up to his belt in his suit pants, slowly undoing it from the loops. his eyes move down to watch my hand, mine never leave his and he knows what's about to happen. Making his night more enjoyable after a long hard day at work.

"You two really seem to be in love, it's cute.." Brad tells me before taking a sip of his drink. We're now at the bar, it's the following day since Robert and I spent the evening on the couch.. you know.. Brad managed to get his holiday essentials and he's now in a little bar in the city buying me drinks.

"Is that him?" He notices my phone show a new message on the table.

"Yeah, just checking in.."

1 new message. I check and it is from Robert as one would guess.

Robert- Miss you baby, hope you're having fun..

Lily- miss you too, I'll be home soon enough, and you might even get a treat ;)

Robert- don't tease me like that.. x

I bite my lip knowing I'm playing his game but I have to keep him sweet otherwise he'll be worrying.

"Don't you think he's like...overprotective?" Here comes Brad's opinions since he's had a few drinks.

"What makes you say that?"

"Well.. he moved you in because of those girls, now he's texting you like you're never gonna see him again.."

"He just cares that's all.." I shrug. Not really agreeing to what he's saying but agreeing to shut him up.