Chapter Fifteen

"Guys you really didn't have to.."

I'm at the cafe, saying goodbye to everyone. They're so sweet but I'm going to be helping Robert now and I can't do this as well.

"I'm going to miss you so much! We need to have drinks at your new mansion as well!" Brad comments hugging me so tight.

"Ha.. Robert will need to agree on that one.. he doesn't allow people to visit unless he truly knows them.. but you're my friend, I'm sure I can convince him.."

"You know you're more than welcome to come here anytime.." Susan one of the workers hugs me next.

A lot of the regulars come to say goodbye also and it's quite sad. I didn't realise I made so many new friends whilst I was working here.

A lot of talk gets louder when we hear a very expensive sports car pulling up outside the cafe and I know who it is. He's a show off.

Everyone stares at him when he enters, his sunglasses on his face, a low v t shirt showing just a little bit of chest. Fuck me. He looks hot. All the ladies are eyeing him up.

"Almost done?" Robert asks me when he approaches my side and kisses my cheek.

"Yeah, just saying goodbye.."

"Mr Downey.. I can't believe you're taking one of our best girls away.." He smiles back at one of locals.

"Sorry but.. she's needed elsewhere.."

And cue the inappropriate comment from Brad, right on time..

"Oh I bet she is.. you lucky gal.."

I glare at him, and he just laughs it off. He will be the one I miss the most. But he insists we keep in contact, if I ever need a shopping trip or a rant about anything or anyone, he's the guy.

"You better look after her! She's the nicest girl you will ever know, she deserves the world.." another local tells Robert a bit more firmly.

"I know.. and I'm gonna give it to her.."

"I bet he is.." Brad mutters to me and I nudge him in his side.

"Ow! Hey!" Which makes everyone look at us.

Finally, through some tears we say goodbye and leave the cafe, hand in hand. His car waiting for us outside and he drives us home.

"So, excited to be back working with me?"

"Yeah.. this time it's different"

He takes my hand in his whilst he's driving..apart from when he needs to change gears. It's so sexy, not sure how he manages it. But it's comforting, for me anyway.

"Here we go.. home sweet home.."

The next morning I wake up with arms around my waist, a hand resting on my tummy. A whisper in my ear which alerts me he's awake.

"Mmm.. good morning my beautiful girl.." and a kiss to my cheek.

"'Morning.. not rushing to the office today then?"

"Nope.. it's Sunday and I thought, why spend all day working when I can spend all day with you.."

"You'll probably be doing that most days now anyway.."

"Yeah.. but we'll be working, not relaxing or whatever we do.."

"I like the sound of that.." I agree and gently kiss his lips.

"Maybe.." he kisses me again.. "we could get started.." and another kiss.. "on some baby making.."

I lift my hand up to squeeze a cheek of his when he suggests that is how we spend our day.