Chapter Nineteen

When Robert said he would make it up to me, he really stuck to it. He's so sweet and caring. With everything. I couldn't stay mad at him for long..maybe a couple of hours.

A few weeks pass and my little bump is growing, which Robert seems to love. Which means I'm technically second best now, when he returns home from work each night, he kisses my bump first and then me.

He tries to work from home a lot but meetings etc doesn't really help him. He's coming home still so tired and stressed. He doesn't let me join him at work now, if I need to do anything I will do it from the office at home. He insists. He wants the pregnancy to be as stress free as it can be. No risks.

Although I'm silently going insane being stuck at home every day.

"I don't think I can make it.." I hear Robert announce his return one afternoon on the phone to someone.

"Because I can't! I'm staying with my girlfriend.."

"No, she can't fly. You'll just have to manage without me! Nope.. I'm not going end of!" I hear him starting to raise his voice. I stand from the couch and make my way to see him pacing the hallway.

He smiles at me when he spots me at the doorway so I hopelessly smile back.

"It's fine, I can rearrange. We'll have the meeting here.."

And then he's finishing the call a bit more politely, saying goodbye in a more nicer tone.

"Sorry.." he apologies straight away and I know it's because he raised his voice but it's ok. He doesn't need to apologise for it, as long as it's not aimed at me, it's fine. Totally fine.

"You're quite sexy when you have your tie loose like this and you're all angry.." I hook his tie in between my fingers and he smirks at me.

"You think?" He raises an eyebrow at me when I pull him by his collar into a kiss.

"Mhm.."

He kisses me back and I grin against his lips when his hands rest on my ass.

"So how come I get the pleasure of having you home before dinner?" I ask him hoping he doesn't find it insulting like before.

"Well.. I got what I needed to do finished and seeing how it's Friday, I thought why not come home, and treat my fine ass girlfriend to a dinner date?"

"Oh really? That sounds perfect.."

"Yeah? Well.. let's get freshened up and we can go.."

I make my way up to the bedroom where I seem to be taking over.. most of my clothes are now sharing his closet. But I swear this man has shoes, hats.. just about everything more than me. It's rather cute.

"Can we go somewhere just a bit more casual though" I do ask him as I'm making my way through my clothes.

"Like where?"

"I dunno.. somewhere I can get a burger from or something.. just nothing over the top.."

"Ok... I don't really do that sort of thing but.. sure.."

"I know.. that's why I want to do it. And that's what baby wants.." I try to lie, and I can hear him laughing in the bedroom.

I make my way over to him from the closet and wrap my arms around his waist, resting my head on his strong back.

"Love you.." I whisper and he turns around so he can look at me, but I just rest my head on his chest instead.

A soft kiss is placed in my head. "Love you too, you ok?"