Chapter Twenty Five

It's morning, I wake up with a soft smile. "What a wonderful dream.." I say out loud with a content sigh.

"Oh really that good huh? Was I in it?" Robert answers me, so I turn completely over to face him as I was facing the other side, away from him.

"Yeah.. had a dream you proposed, near the beach on this little platform.. and it was so romantic and beautiful and just insane..."

"You want me to propose to you?" He traces his fingers up my bare arms.

"Well.."

"Too bad it wasn't a dream then huh.." he lifts my hand and kisses my ring.

"Oh shit, we're actually engaged.." I act surprised making him laugh. Showing me those perfect white teeth of his.

"Mhm... no regrets right? You're happy?" He questions me with another kiss to my hand.

"Absolutely none.."

"Good.. I'm glad about that.."

"We'll soon be a complete family.." I slowly trace my fingers up his chest.

"Does your family know?"

"Yeah kinda.. I told them I was going to do it, my mom kept telling my to calm down, but my nerves were a mess all day.."

"I would have said yes anyway.."

"Sure, but I wanted it all to be perfect, and it was, the restaurant, our walk, the sky.. everything was perfect.."

"And it was.. my mom knew right?"

"Well.. yeah.. I asked her if I could since I haven't met your dad.."

"So sneaky.. the two of you! I'll have her visit later today, we can start making plans.."

"Sounds good.. I'm meeting a friend later today.." and that gets my attention.

"Oh.. anyone I know?"

"No.. he's an old friend. Recently moved back in this area so wanted to catch up.. and I can tell him our good news"

"Just a few more weeks and it'll be the 3 of us.. isn't that scary.."

"Mhm.. she's going to be so perfect, I can't wait to hold her.." holding onto my bump again, his face lights up when he feels a kick.. "Feisty this morning.."

"Yeah.. she's lively every morning. I'm just used to it now..I think she's taking after you and your hyper ways.."

"There are worse traits to pass down.."

That is true. And I'm so glad she's going to have a handsome daddy with all his pretty features. If she inherits those eyes, we're all doomed.

"I think she'll be pretty just like Mom.."

"Hmm.." I don't agree but he smirks at me and leans down for a kiss which I happily return.

"I love you wifey.." And that, simple few words makes me whole heart content. Who knew we'd make it this far.

After our lazy morning in bed, Robert went off to meet his friend, he's promised to introduce me at some point today.

With only a few weeks until the baby arrives, I'm basically trying my best to keep relaxed, not do much. I find myself in Robert's office, I don't mean to snoop, but one box on the second shelf catches my eye. I know I shouldn't be lifting things but there's no one really to stop me. He's never said much about his past only parts he wants me to know.

Placing the box on his desk, I sit on his office chair and open it to find lots of old papers, some memorabilia, some photos..mostly cute ones of him and family, his mom, mostly. And then there's a one of a girl, who I don't recognise, who he looks close to, his arm around her waist, her head resting on his shoulder. He looks... around 23.. 24.. so young. His cute baby face, his amazing eyes.