3

Your hands and legs were bound, the ropes cutting into your skin as you struggled against them, your eyes wide with fear and uncertainty.

I stood before you, the weight of the gun heavy in my hand as I grappled with the situation.

"Who do you work for? And where did you come from?" I demanded, my voice filled with a mix of suspicion and curiosity.

The air hung heavy with tension, the silence punctuated only by the sound of our ragged breaths.

Your response was unexpected, the words tumbling from your lips with a desperation that mirrored my own inner turmoil.

"I swear! I work for nobody. I came from the future!" you exclaimed, your voice ringing with a sincerity that belied the absurdity of your claim.

In any other circumstance, anyone witnessing the scene would have dismissed you as delusional.

But in that moment, it was just you and me, alone in the confines of that room. And despite the incredulity of your words, despite the doubts that gnawed at the corners of my mind, I found myself inexplicably trusting you.

Nobody would have trusted you—not in a world where trust was a precious commodity, guarded fiercely against the specter of betrayal and deceit.

But somehow, against all odds, against all reason, I did.