16

With your hand tightly clasped in mine, I led you through the bustling cantt, my expression a mask of unreadable determination.

The soldiers watched us with a mixture of confusion and concern, but I paid them no mind as I dragged you towards the room where our fate would be decided.

Pushing you inside and locking the door behind you, I could hear your frantic protests echoing through the walls, your voice tinged with desperation and sorrow.

You pleaded with me, insisting that my actions were a waste, that you were destined to return to your own time, and that we were never meant to be together.

But I remained silent, my heart heavy with regret as I retreated to my office, leaving you alone in your anguish.

In that moment, I knew I had made a grave mistake, a choice that would haunt me for the rest of my life.

If you're reading this now, Tae, please know that I am truly sorry.

Sorry for the pain I caused you, sorry for the words left unsaid, sorry for the love that was lost in the tumult of our fleeting encounter.

But most of all, know that my love for you burns as fiercely as ever, of hope in the darkness of my regret.

And though we may be separated by time and circumstance, know that you will always hold a special place in my heart.