Chapter 7

Hours later, Dennis was just laying on the couch, pondering about what he was going to tell Winnie about his exciting news when he heard the door open. The kids stop what they were doing and and see Winnie walk through the door while talking on the phone. They try jumping on her but she quickly gets past them and goes to her room. Dennis noticed and tells the kids, "Okay, stay here, I want to tell your Mother something." Then he follows her upstairs.

When he goes to their room, he sees her on the phone with Wanda. Winnie sees Dennis and she notices a bruise on his head. She says, "Hold on Mom, I need to call you back." Then she puts her phone down, believing to have hit the hang up button. Instead she turned on speaker. Then Winnie says to Dennis touching his head, "Wow, what happened to you?"

"Don't worry." Dennis smiles. "The kids are just throwing stuff all over the place and they got me. But I got good news! You know about that 4th of July concert they air on TV that's in New York? The one where the stage is in Time Square and has all the fireworks behind the Statue of Liberty?"

"Are you kidding me?" Winnie says with excitement. "You're going to perform there?"
"Yep." Dennis said. "I was blown away when I was offered that. That's a perfect time to release our new single."

"I thought they already had a different band to do it this year. It's been scheduled for over a month now." Winnie said.

"Well, I'm not sure what happened to them but they suddenly dropped out." Dennis said.

"I know a great way to make it better." Winnie says. "Let's bring the kids with us. Make it a fun family road trip. We can travel across the country and see all the best landmarks."

"No. Bad idea. That's not happening." Dennis says. "We can't bring the kids with us. They will tear apart the stage. And they will get rowdy while we drive. Oh. And I'm sure one of them will get car sick."

"Come on Dennis." Winnie said grabbing his hand. "They've never seen you perform. And you're about to do what might be the best concert you could ever perform."

"But there's still the Super Bowl Halftime Show which I'm still waiting on." Dennis says jokingly. They laugh for a moment then Winnie says, "Good luck with that. But my point is, we haven't been able to spend much time as a family since we both work. But there's an opportunity for that. So let's take the chance now. What do you say?"

Dennis thinks about it for a while then he says, "You're right. Let's do it. But if we are going to go as a family, we're gonna have to pack up and go ASAP. The concert is in a few weeks. I'll tell the others to bring the bus to my house and we can go from there." Then as they go downstairs, Dennis says, "By the way, how did your day go?"

"Not bad, although one of the employees flipped out on me in front of everyone else after a tough day and I had to fire him. He wasn't really all in at his job anyways." Winnie said.

Meanwhile, Winnie's phone was still on speaker and Wanda heard every thing they said. That's because Wayne wanted to hear them. They both talk about it and Wanda said, "We should surprise them and go with them on the trip."

Wayne agreed and he told Dracula about the plan. Drac loved the idea. Johnny was standing next to Dracula and he said, "Drac, we've never seen him perform before. This is a good chance to do it."

"Sure we have." Drac said. "He performed here one time. But what about the hotel? You and Mavis have a job to do you know."

"I found the perfect one to take care of the hotel while we're gone." Johnny smiles. Then he whistles. Then Tinkles comes storming from the hallway. Dracula drops his jaw and says, "Johnny, have you lost your mind?! Tinkles can't take care of the hotel. He'll destroy it."

"Relax, Drac." Johnny says. "Ever since we rebuilt this place, he hasn't ruined anything. I'm sure he'll do well. Plus, he hasn't been so rowdy in a while. He's not a puppy anymore."

Drac decided to give up arguing with Johnny and let Tinkles run the hotel. Then Drac talks with Mavis, Ericka, Willie, Joey, Izza, and all his friends about the plan and they agreed to join. Then Willie says, "Let's invite Dennis' best friend and his zing, I have his phone number so I can contact him." And he does so. Jack and Amber agree to come along.