Chapter 12

After reaching the top, Winnie hugs Dennis and Tanner tightly and said, "I'm so glad you both are okay."

"I wouldn't have made it if Kasey didn't save me." Dennis said.

Winnie was surprised when he said that. She turned to Kasey and asked, "You, saved my zing?"

"Well I don't see why I shouldn't have." Kasey said. Winnie hugged him and thanked him.

After all that, everyone got back on the bus and were ready to go. Then Dennis said, "Our next stop is Mount Rushmore. We may have to drive there overnight. The concert is in less than a week and we have to get there soon."

Before they left, Kasey was outside talking on the phone with Larry. Larry said to Kasey, "We are getting impatient. And I say we because Ronnie and Scottie want to get their raise after this is over."

"Raise?" Kasey asked.

"I told them they'd get a raise when we finish this." Larry said. "But I want you to not jump off from the cliff next time. You almost blew this whole thing."

"I had to save Dennis." Kasey said. "He still has to put on a show in a week."

"Why are you worried about him?" Larry snaps. "I thought the plan was to capture the kids, not the band. And I don't care what happens to him or anyone else. I want those werewolves now!" Then he hangs up. Kasey is beginning to rethink about what he got himself into.

After that, Griffin comes out of the bus and says, "Hey hero. You coming or what?" Kasey turns around and gets in the bus. Then they all continue down the road. However, the pit stops were slow. When Jack had to refuel in Grand Junction, the pit stop took over an hour because the kids wandered all over the place. Wayne had to whistle for them. And they obeyed. Dennis was shocked but Wayne said to him, "It's easy. You just need to whistle."

When nighttime came, Johnny drove while Jack rested. Kasey was with Dennis and the band. They were talking about their new song they were planning to release. Kasey says to them, "I used to play keys for high school musicals. And I walked away from that to pursue other opportunities."

Dennis and his cousins looked at each other and Troy said, "Well I really want to be more of a singer for the band. And we've been looking for someone who can take over the keys. Maybe you should give it a try."

"Just play some of the notes for A Zing for Me." Connor said. When they set up the piano, Kasey began playing. Everyone on the bus notices. When he finishes, Parker said, "Wow, this guy is good. Dennis, he needs to play that song in New York."

"I don't know." Dennis said.

"Ah come on Dennis." Mavis said. "I am looking at talent behind that instrument."

"It wouldn't hurt to give him a chance." Ginger said. Dennis thought about it and he said. "Okay. You will play that song. I mean, I did tell you that you will be on stage after saving my life. So maybe it's a good idea."

Kasey was filled with excitement, but at the same time, he knew that Larry still wanted the werewolf kids. He had to figure something out.

The next morning, they were almost at Mount Rushmore. When they get there, they all rush out of the bus and hurry to the landmark. Kasey says to them, "I'll catch up with you later. I need to do something real quick." Then he goes to Larry's truck. He notices that Ronnie and Scottie were exhausted. "What happened to them?"

"We had to drive all night." Ronnie said.

"He drove first, then me." Scottie said. "And we barely got any sleep."

"I've had it with the waiting." Larry said. "Where are they? Why haven't you communicated with me at all yesterday?"

Kasey checks his phone and sees many missed calls. "I'm so sorry. I got sidetracked. The lead singer of Dennisovich and the Werewolves invited me on stage to perform in New York on the 4th. How cool is that?"

Ronnie and Scottie congratulate him until Larry stops them. Then he says, "Well how about we get this done before then, shall we."

"Wait, Larry. I've been thinking. Maybe we shouldn't do this." Kasey says stepping in his way.

"What do you mean?" Larry says with a hint of anger in his voice. "You started this and I intend to finish it. And if you're not gonna help, then get out of my way!" He pushes Kasey out of the way and they break into the bus. "What have I done!" Kasey says to himself, then he gets up and dashes to warn the others quickly.