Chapter 2 - detention day one

Louis' POV
     "Stupid Harry and his stupid four nipples and-"

"Mate, what are you going on about?" my best friend Zayn asks as he watches me stab my lunch again.

I sigh and dramatically drop my fork, "Oh Zaynie, it's just 'orrible. Harry fucking Styles has made it his life's goal to make my life a living hell," I sulk.

Zayn looks at me, blinks once, and then, in a very unenthused tone asks, "What'd he do this time?"

"I'm glad you asked my boy!" I gesture about, "He got us in trouble again with Ms. Horylck and now we have to spend a whole three months in detention with one another!"

Zayn's eyes widen, "Three months?"

"Yes! Apparently we've had about 90 something fights or some bullshit like that and now we have to spend like 90 days in detention," I explain.

"Wow."

"I know! I'm just as shocked as you are! Especially considering I'm a literal saint, it's all that dickhead Harry's fault," I pout.

Zayn chuckles and rolls his eyes at me, "Yeah, I'm not so sure about that Lou."

I gasp, "What do you mean?!" I throw my hand over my heart in dramatic fashion.

"I mean you're no saint when it comes to fights with Harry. You literally threw your shoe at him yesterday."

"That was all in the past Zayn," I wave my hand dismissively, "I'm a changed man now."

"Yeah, yeah, whatever mate," Zayn shakes his head but I can see the corners of his mouth twitch up into a small smile, "What did Ms. Horylck say anyways?" he asks.

I sigh and look down, "She said I need to get my act together. And I know I do but just because I'm here on scholarship doesn't mean I deserve to be picked on."

"Obviously it doesn't mean that Lou," Zayn comforts, "But, to be fair, Harry has no idea you're only here because of a scholarship. No one does. So cut him a little slack there, besides you know you're not innocent in this either."

I groan and flop down onto the table, "I know! But what can I say, the boy is so easy to hate."

"I'm sure he's thinking the same exact thing," Zayn says as he pats me on the head.

I chuckle and swat his hand away, "You're so unhelpful," I grin.

"I know, but you love me anyways," he smiles.

"Obviously," I smile back and squeeze his hand in mine.

The bell rings soon after that and Zayn walks me to my class. There are so many reasons why he's my best friend, but the fact that he remembers how to get to my classes when I don't, is always a plus.

Zayn and I have been mates since Year 9. He was there for me when I had just come out and I was getting pretty heavily bullied and he's here for me now when I'm subjected to the presence of idiots like Harry Styles.

Despite our close friendship I have never EVER thought of Zayn in a romantic way. I think I'd have to suffer a pretty hard blow to the head to feel that way towards him. Not to say he isn't attractive, because he most definitely is, but he's like... Zayn, and I'm Louis and that's just something that would never happen.

However, to be fair he was my first kiss. It was New Years Eve and everyone had a kiss but me - there's not that many openly gay boys around here - so Zayn said he'd be my New Years kiss and then, just like that, he took my precious lip virginity. We both died of laughter after it happened and then took a shot to wash the taste from our mouths. Good times.