Chapter 7 - what a winner wants

Harry's POV
     I turn the corner of the hall to walk back to my class, only to find Louis Tomlinson snuggled up against Zayn Malik. They're not together right? They're just friends right??

I furrow my eyebrows and watch from afar as they seem to be discussing something rather serious. Zayn slips his hand into Louis' hair and Louis just lets him. How could he let him do something that intimate if they weren't a couple??

I can't help but glare at the other boy as he continues to touch Louis like it's nothing. Like it's so natural for them. I feel my jaw clenching and my nails digging into the palm of my hands as I ball them up into fists.

But then I ask myself, 'why do I care so much about Louis' dating life?' I don't know the boy like that, clearly, so this stuff shouldn't even be on my mind. And yet it is.

I try to shake my head clear and I quickly make my way to my first period of the day where I await the long hours just waiting for detention. That's a weird thought, really, but a part of me looks forward to detention.

Well, I look forward to the days me and Louis actually get along, which hasn't been recently, but I digress.

I spend most of my classes writing in my journal and when I get to detention I'm fully prepared to spend another day of silence staring at the floor, wondering what Louis' thinking. But as I walk into Mr. Cowell's class I'm shocked to see Louis sitting in the front of the class next to my usual seat.

I cautiously walk over to my desk and set my things down. I shoot Louis a questioning look but he seems to miss it as he stares off at the front of the class.

Mr. Cowell does his usual routine of finishing up some paperwork before leaving and locking the door. Louis seems anxious the whole time as he watches Mr. Cowell leave and I can't help but wonder why.

As soon as the door is locked, Louis jumps up from his desk and walks to the windows. Oh god, not this again.

"What the hell are you doing?" I ask, trying to sound a bit cross with him.

"I'm leaving," he states simply, "Care to join me?"

The question catches me off guard. I wasn't prepared for Louis to actually want to speak to me today, nonetheless, invite me into his escape plan.

"What?" I ask dumbly, "I-I mean how do you expect to even get out of here?"

Louis looks at me with a bit of a smirk before walking over to the window on the far left of the classroom. I watch with zero expectations as he climbs up onto the counter and grabs ahold of the window sill. He pushes up and wait- it actually worked?!

I immediately get out of my seat and walk over to where Louis is still pushing the window pane up. He gets it more than halfway, which seems to be good enough for him, and then reaches his hand out to me.

"Care to join me?" he asks again, seeming hopeful in a way.

"I- are we allowed to do this?" I slowly put to question.

"No," Louis chuckles, "That's what makes it fun. Besides, I'm leaving whether you come with me or not."

"Where are you going?" I ask.

"You ask a lot of questions," Louis comments but he doesn't seem upset or annoyed, he actually seems rather amused, "My sisters have a dance recital at 3 and I promised I'd be there. I'm not gonna miss it for some stupid detention day," he explains.

Louis has sisters? I didn't know that. Wait, Louis has sisters AND he goes to their dance recitals?? Fuck, that's cute. I can't even lie like that's so fucking adorable. Ugh, why does that have to be so cute?!