Chapter 27 - first times

Louis' POV
We've been taking slow steps. Especially considering how our first announcement to Harry's family went. Which was really more of Harry's announcement to his family. And his announcement to me too. I wasn't even aware we were boyfriends till that point, but holy fuck I'm so happy.

I think everyone can tell too. My family looks at me like they've never seen me this way before. My friends, who are used to a semi-cranky Louis, experience my happy-go-lucky side all the time now. And complete strangers look at me like I'm crazy. Which I kind of am but that's what love does to you.

I've fallen even more in love with Harry now that we're officially together. I think it's because I've allowed myself to fall completely. There's no fear anymore. No unrequited love or unreciprocated emotions. Just two boys in love who want to shout it to the world.

Harry's family knows and so does my mum, but it's taken a minute to tell everyone else. We've been overthinking it too much. At first we were planning out speeches and preparations for everything, but my mum literally found out because she saw us holding hands as Harry walked me home. She saw him kiss me on the cheek too, which, I suppose isn't very straight guy friend of him.

So, we've decided to just show it instead. No speech, no nerves, just being a couple and people noticing it.

"Lou," Harry whispers from beside me.

"Yeah baby?" I ask, not really looking at him. I'm too focused on our French lesson, which I've been doing a lot better at since Harry's been helping me.

I'm no longer in danger of failing, my football scholarship is safe, I'm playing Danny in the school's production of Grease, and most importantly, I've got the boy. Life is pretty fucking great.

I feel Harry press his leg against mine as I try to write down the notes. His foot hooks with mine underneath the desks and my heart leaps out of my chest.

Harry's been so brave lately in showing our relationship to the public. It's nothing major, but the little things matter.

It also means he's been touchy and clingy and it drives me mad with desire. I crave the feeling of him against me and all the small touches just makes me want to beg for more.

He unhooks his foot with mine and then hooks it again. This goes on for a good few minutes before he decides to keep our feet locked and move on to the next touch.

He leans forward and subtly brushes his fingers against my arm. I shiver and push my arm back to give him better access. From the corner of my eye, I can see him covering his smile from behind his propped up hand.

And he calls me Tommo the Tease. Yeah, right. He's the damn tease.

Eventually, Harry stops. Or at least I think he does. Because as I'm furiously writing the vocabulary I need to know for the test, I notice as Harry "yawns" and places his arm over the back of my seat.

"Dork," I mouth to him, finally glancing at my curly headed boy.

Harry quietly laughs and removes his arm. There's a beat with no touching but then he brings his hand to the desk right by mine. I ignore it and keep on writing.

I feel as he inches his pinkie closer to mine. When he's close enough he wraps his around mine and holds it like that. It's a small touch but it doesn't fail to make me explode with fondness. I blush and hide my face in my free hand, missing the notes in the process but I couldn't care less.

I lightly grasp Harry's pinkie with mine and look at him. His cheeks are a light pink, his eyes are soft, and there's a smile on his face that he's trying to contain. However, the brightness still shines from it as his dimples faintly poke out. My heart aches as the world falls silent to Harry and I.