Chapter 20 - irish goodbye

*it's the same perspective as the last chapter but hopefully this will be the only time it's not back and forth!!*

Harry's POV
"Liam, what time is it?" I ask as I pace around outside the door.

"Harry, you asked this three minutes ago!" he exclaims exasperatedly, "It's 11:45. He's out late celebrating with the footie team. He'll be here any second now, okay?"

Liam pats a hand on my shoulder to get me to calm down and I finally stop and take a breath. I haven't seen Louis in a few days and to say I'm nervous would be the understatement of the year. It's almost midnight, meaning it's almost Louis' birthday. Meaning, my blue eyed boy is turning 18!!

"Sorry, sorry, I'm just excited," I explain rather than telling Liam about all the butterflies I get from just thinking about the boy, "Thank you for driving me by the way."

Liam rolls his eyes but smiles nonetheless, "First of all, no problem, but also you should really get your license mate. And second of all, I know you're nervous to see Louis but I'm sure he's just as, if not, more nervous to see you," he assures.

"Why would he be nervous to see me?" I question with furrowed eyebrows.

Liam looks at me in surprise, "Well, like- let's put it this way, have you ever noticed the way he looks at you?"

I furrow my eyebrows even more in confusion, "No, what do you mean?"

Liam sighs and shakes his head, "It's not my place to say, but I will say, he's going to LOVE your hair."

"Do you think?!" I ask way too enthusiastic to be dismissed as just friendly.

"Obviously. He already loves your curls, hearing that you're growing them out will drive him mad," Liam states, "in a good way," he adds after a short pause.

I beam over at Liam before quickly dropping my smile, "Do you think he'll like the gift I got him?"

"Yes!!" Liam shouts shaking my shoulders.

"Okay, but, what if he still hates me? Like maybe this whole time he's just been tolerating me and in reality he feels the same way he did three months ago?" I ramble on worriedly.

Liam's features soften and he gives me a small smile, "Oh Harry, I don't think Louis ever hated you."

I stare at him for a long second not knowing how to respond. What does he mean? Louis hated me. Of course he hated me, I sucked, but I'm trying to be better.

I'm about to ask what he means when suddenly we're both turning around to look at the car pulling up. It's very clearly the football team considering their windows are rolled up and yet their music can still be heard loud and clear. Liam hurries off to the car while I anxiously wait for Louis' arrival.

I vaguely see the short boy get out of the car and walk up to the door. When he's finally in good view he stops and stares at me.

"Harry?" he calls out.

"Hi," I greet shyly with a small wave.

God, I didn't realize how fucking awkward I am until I met Louis. He just makes me so- shit I don't even know the word... flustered?? Yeah, flustered.