Chapter 4 - sane and insane

Louis' POV
     "Favorite time of day?"

"Favorite time of day?? Are you serious Harold?!" I lift up from my very comfortable spot on the floor to look at the curly headed boy.

"Yes, I'm serious or else I wouldn't have asked the question," Harry states.

I roll my eyes and flop back down on the floor, "Cheeky little shit," I mumble, but obviously loud enough so Harry can hear it and get offended.

We've been playing 20 questions for at least an hour now and in that time we shifted our seating arrangements quite often. Or more like I shifted my seating and Harry only followed when he had to. Right now I'm currently sprawled out on the floor in the front of the class and Harry has taken the seat he initially sat at when we first got here.

The only reason we've been playing this long is because I just can't get over the fact that Harry asks quite possibly the dumbest questions I've ever heard. Believe me, his question before this one was "What is your favorite thing to eat on a Sunday morning in mid-March?" like what?? First of all who gives a fuck, and second of all why was this a question on this boy's mind?! He acted as if this question had been eating away at him for years and he just couldn't hold back anymore.

It's the fact that he literally had an answer and reason behind it ready to go. But most importantly, it's the fact that his answer was AVOCADO TOAST. I'm not gonna get into it but EWWW.

"Okay, um, I would say my favorite time of day would be," I elongate the word as I think, "like early mornings or really late nights."

"Why's that?" Harry asks.

"Because it's peaceful. Everything seems a little bit more beautiful when no ones awake to see it," I explain.

"That's quite profound."

I glare at him, "Don't make fun of me."

"I'm not! I swear!" Harry raises his hands up in surrender, "I-I'm just saying that what you said was profound because I thought it really was, you know, profound."

I try to hold back my laugh but it accidentally slips out, "Okay, okay. I believe you," I smile a bit.

Harry puts his hands down and lets out a sigh of relief. Dramatic boy, I swear.

"Anyways, if you wanted to know my favorite time of day, it's around 1:32," Harry tells me and I mean, come on, what a random fucking time that is.

"Harry, truly, I'm not even gonna ask at this point," I say as I've completely given up hope.

"Aw but Lou, what's the point of the game then?" he whines.

"The point is to pass time so we don't resort to jumping out a window," I snap.

"Yikes and here I was thinking you wanted to get to know me," he mutters and then lights up like he just got the best idea in the world, "Louis, what if I proposed that me and you completely restarted? Like we just met," he asks hypothetically, but I know he's just taking the piss.

"I'd probably tell you to fuck off," I mumble.

"Well then, let's restart," Harry beams, "Hi, I'm Harry," he smiles, bats his eyelashes, and holds out his hand for me to shake.

I glance from his hand to his face a few times before gripping his hand and squeezing it tightly, "I know who you are. But I obviously had no interest in getting to know you, or else I would have been the one introducing myself to you," I let go of him and he goes stumbling back into his chair.

Harry rubs at his hand and looks at me, "I think that was potentially worse than 'fuck off.'"

I smile winningly to myself, "That was the goal."