Chapter 5 - soft silence

Harry's POV
The silent treatment is a bitch.

Why would a person purposefully not speak to you? Especially when you did nothing wrong??And even if you did do something wrong, you'll never know because, oh guess what, the person mad at you won't even tell you. They'll just stay silent.

I look over at Louis who is currently playing noughts and crosses by HIMSELF. He's been ignoring me for five fucking days and I can't take it.

Wait, no. I take it back. Not ignoring. On day three of silence I actually caught him staring at me and when I went to say something he promptly flipped me off and then went back to doing whatever the hell he was doing before.

And like, don't get me wrong, I LOVE not having to hear Louis' annoying nagging voice all the time, but it's just not fun you know. Like when I go to give him his daily reminder that I fucking hate him, he just kind of stares at me for a second and then looks away.

It's weird. And honestly way more annoying than when he would tell me to fuck off or something.

I've even resorted to tapping my pencils again. He doesn't budge though. I notice his eye twitching sometimes or his fists clenching but that's about it. He never actually breaks.

I just wish I knew what I did. Don't get me wrong, I probably did nothing and Louis' just being the drama queen that he is. But, in the rare possibility that I did actually do something, he could at least inform me. That way I know why he's mad and maybe I can do something or explain my side so we can move past this.

I mean not that I care how Louis feels or what he thinks about me. I truly couldn't care less.

But still, I just hate the silence. It's been silent ever since that first day. Which is so strange because I actually thought we bonded in some way. Maybe I was wrong?

I glance over at the boy only to find him already looking at me. He seems startled that I caught him but I know I can't let this opportunity slip away.

"Lou," I say softly and to that Louis furrows his eyebrows and gives me an odd look.

Despite the look, he still doesn't budge. I sigh and drag a hand through my messy curls.

"Lou," I try again.

Still nothing.

"Louis, come on. You're being immature. I don't even know what I did wrong," I gesture exasperatedly.

"Why would you think you did something wrong?" Louis asks, so quietly I almost miss it.

He speaks! Oh thank god, I was about to go mad! Only because I was bored though. I mean if we weren't stuck in detention for two hours together everyday for three months, I would gladly go the rest of my life without hearing Louis talk. But desperate times call for desperate measures, which means right now, Louis speaking equals hallelujah best day ever.

"Oh I don't know. Maybe because you haven't uttered a single word to me in five days!" I exclaim, "You didn't even comment when I was asked to describe London in class."

Louis stifles his laugh behind his hand, "London's quite big," he mocks.

"See!" I point at him, "I knew you thought that was stupid!"

"Obviously," he laughs, "You talk so much shit in class, it's ridiculous!"

I gasp in fake offense, "That is not true!"

"Oh yes it is and you know it," Louis states.

I chuckle and look at Louis, who is finally looking back at me and smiling. Fucking finally.