Chapter 25 - suspicious minds

Louis' POV
     "Hi Zayn," I greet awkwardly, darting my eyes from him to Harry.

Shit. I didn't think Zayn was working today. He must have picked up a shift or something.

I shift my eyes to Harry. He looks scared or like he's about to cry. I want to comfort him but I don't think that's something he wants me to do. Not in front of Zayn at least.

"I, um, bathroom," Harry mumbles before scrabbling out of the booth to the washrooms.

Zayn looks after him for a second and then turns to me with wide eyes and an open mouth, "Did you guys just-?"

"Stop, stop stop," I urge and pull him into the booth to sit with me, "What did you see?" I ask in a hushed voice.

Zayn blinks like he's still in shock, "Well, uh- I think I just saw you two about to kiss?" he states but it sounds more like a question.

I groan internally but manage to keep it to myself, "What?! That's crazy! Like, uh- why would you think that? Or, um, why would you see that??"

Holy shit I'm a bad liar. Sorry Harry!!

Zayn looks at me with analyzing eyes and I squirm a bit under his stare, "Were you?"

"Were we what?" I ask, trying to ignore how my voice jumps an octave.

"Were you two about to kiss?" he reiterates.

"Psshh I mean like it's a funny thing really, like, ehm, people are gonna believe what they want to believe when obviously there's no truth to it," Zayn blinks at me. "Obviously," I add.

He blinks again before bursting out into a fit of laughter, "You're fucking ridiculous Lou," he shakes his head with a fond smile, "ObViOuSLy I didn't see anything happening between you two," he pauses before adding a mocking, "Obviously."

I shove him and roll my eyes at my best mate for his lack of confidentiality. He can't seem to take this seriously when Harry's quite literally hiding in the bathroom doing god knows what.

"Zayn." I snap in a hushed tone.

"Okay, okay, I'm sorry. I'm gonna go and leave you with your man BUT you have to promise to tell me the details eventually."

He holds out his pinkie for me to take. I stare at him, and then his pinkie, and then back to him.

"Fine," I sigh and reach my pinkie up. Just before he interlocks mine with his I jolt back and put a hand up to stop him, "But-"

"But what?"

"But you have to promise me that you'll put in a good word for Harry so he can perform here soon," I propose the deal.

"He's a musician?"

I nod and Zayn smiles.

"You like them talented, don't you?" he nudges me teasingly and I just roll my eyes again.

"Anyways, you got yourself a deal my friend."

He grabs his pinkie with mine and we awkwardly shake on it. I laugh at our stupid interaction and Zayn smiles at me. He seems to have more to say but then he's looking over his shoulder and suddenly dashing toward the bar. And normally, I would have been confused, if a very pretty curly headed boy hadn't sat next to me in the next second.

"Hey," I greet cautiously.

"Hi," he smiles slightly, glances around, looks back to me, "Let's get out of here."

"Okay," I agree.

- :) - :) - :) - :) - :) - :) - :) - :) - :) - :) - :) - :) - :)

It's been two months since our first date. Correction, it's been an absolutely amazing, incredible - other good words that I can't think of - spectacular two months.