Chapter 10 - compliments and conclusions

Louis' POV
Harry's been in a pissy mood recently. I don't know what it is and I swear I don't care but I just want him to be back to normal you know.

"What's got your panties in a twist?" I finally ask after watching Harry glare at the ceiling for another five minutes.

He snaps his head over to me, "Annoying little shits asking me stupid fucking questions," he bites back.

I scoff at him, "I know damn well you're not talking to me like that Harold. I haven't said one fucking thing to you until now, so you can shut your silly arse up if you know what's good for you."

Harry rolls his eyes like he's not buying anything I'm saying, "Right, I'm SO scared," he mocks, "You're so annoying, you know that? No wonder I hate you," he spits out harshly.

Ouch. That one kind of hurt. I guess I kind of thought we moved past this. I dropped the act, I can accept that I don't actually hate Harry. I'm finally being myself around him or trying to let him in at least, and yet he still hates me. Yeah that's just- ouch.

"God Harry! You're always going on and on about how much you hate me and it's getting kind of tiring. Are you even capable of saying ONE nice thing to me?" I challenge, trying to hide from the fact that Harry's words actually got to me.

"Your bum's nice," he responds unfazed.

I scowl at him, "One nice thing that isn't superficial you knob head," I clarify, "Are you capable of that?"

"I don't know, are you?" he retorts.

"Yes!" I shout back defensively as I cross my arms over my chest.

"Okay, then do it," Harry demands.

I falter slightly. I really hadn't expected Harry to flip this whole thing around on me. I can't believe he called me a little shit when he's pulling shit like this. Clearly he hasn't met himself. I'm a fucking goddess compared to Harry.

"Um, okay," I start hesitantly which puts an extremely cocky smirk on Harry's face, "I like how thoughtful you are," I conclude, wanting to wipe that stupid ass smirk off so bad.

"Thoughtful?" Harry questions with a scoff.

"Yes. Thoughtful," I reaffirm because I'm not backing down from this, "Everything you do is full of thought. Like when you're talking, even though you talk outrageously slow, it just shows that you've really taken the time to think through your words, like every syllable is filled with meaning. And honestly, even though I hate to admit it, I like that when you're listening to someone you actually look interested. Like you make whatever the person is saying seem valuable to you and like you actually want to hear them talk. It makes people feel like their words are the most important thing right then and there and it's nice. It's thoughtful," I explain, feeling an unwanted stutter in my heart.

"Oh, uh," Harry stammers out probably not knowing what to say.

Holy shit that's so embarrassing!! I basically just poured my heart out to the guy giving him the most intricate and personal compliment in the world and all he can say is "oh, uh" like?!! What does that even mean?!

I can feel as a bright pink blush starts to coat my tan skin. To escape from my embarrassment, I decide not to let the moment last too long.

I hold my head up high and make direct eye contact with Harry, "It's your turn," I gesture to him.

Harry awkwardly clears his throat and averts his eyes from mine, "Um, okay, well I-I like how genuinely happy you are when you're with the people you love," he compliments.