Chapter 16 - lets talk about sex (baby)

Louis' POV
"Sooo," I elongate the word trying to address the elephant in the room, "I see you didn't try to cover up the, um, marks," I say quietly and quite awkwardly.

Harry stares at me before clearing his throat, "Well, we still have a dress code, don't we?"

I sigh and then comb my fingers through my hair nervously, "I guess. I just- I don't know," I mumble out.

"What's wrong?" Harry asks with concerned eyes directed towards me.

"It just, like, looks like your flaunting it around. I don't know, it's stupid," I mutter.

"No, it's not!" Harry asserts, "I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable Lou. You're right I should have been more considerate to how you would feel about this," he gestures to the clear love bites on his skin.

Really, I don't have a problem with Harry showing them off, especially since it makes it seem like Harry's mine and he's marked territory. But the only thing is, that's not how it seems to other people. They'll think he's hooked up with some random girl and he's showing it off being loud and proud. If only they knew, though, that I was the one who gave Harry all those marks in something that he'll probably call a drunken mistake.

"It's okay," I smile slightly at the boy.

"Are you sure? Cause I can button up my shirt all the way if you want. In fact-"

Harry cuts himself off by proceeding to button more of his buttons up. His tongue is sticking out in concentration, he's adorable. I laugh at the cute boy and get up to push his hands away.

"Harry, Harry, it's okay," I giggle.

Harry looks at me with fond eyes and a dimpled smile that makes my heart do back flips in my chest, "Are you sure?" he asks softly.

"Yes," I affirm with a nod of my head.

I then try to prove my point by unbuttoning the buttons Harry just did up. Yeah, I really didn't think that one through. Harry stares at me with wide eyes and what looks to be blown pupils.

"Perfect," I state and brush his shoulders.

"Should we talk about it?" Harry blurts out as he continues to stare at me.

I don't ask what he means because I know exactly what he's getting at. And no matter how heart breaking this conversation will be, it's necessary.

"We should," I agree, "But wait, come with me," I gesture and Harry follows me to our usual back window.

"Oh, did you have plans for today?" he asks as I hop up onto the counter below the glass.

"No, I just wanna sit up here with you," I smile at him and offer a hand to help him up.

He graciously takes it and then not so graciously climbs up onto the surface to sit next to me. We're further apart than I'd like and Harry must be thinking the same thing as he scoots closer to me so our thighs can touch. Goosebumps erupt across my skin as Harry's body heat radiates against me, but I try to make it go unnoticed.

"So, Halloween was fun," Harry says after a beat of silence and I burst out laughing. Harry quickly joins in.

"Yeah, it really was," I grin over at the curly headed boy.

Harry smiles at me and then turns to rest his head on my shoulder. I try to ignore the aching of my heart.

"We basically had sex Lou," he quietly jokes.

I hum in agreement, "Then you basically took my virginity."

Harry looks at me, his face full of surprise, "You've never-?"