Chapter 21 - kisses and resolutions

Louis' POV
   "Harry!" I shout across the house, "Does anyone know where Harry is?!"

I've been looking for the boy everywhere. The last time I saw him was when I introduced him to Niall and that was at least two hours ago. It's almost midnight now and I've been silently freaking out.

What if Harry's with a girl?

No. Stupid thought.

But what if- no.

Ugh. "Harry!" I shout again, "Has anyone seen a tall, adorable, curly haired boy?!" I exclaim exasperatedly.

"Check outside!" someone yells back.

Oh. Outside. Of fucking course! I'm so stupid!!

I hurry to the back and check out the window to see if anyone's there. With no success, I rush to the front door and swing it open.

There, I'm finally met with the curly headed boy of my dreams. He's sat on the stairs with his hands in his lap.

I don't waste any more time before sitting on the step next to him, "Hey," I greet softly.

Harry only takes a small glance at me before looking forward, "Hi," he practically whispers.

I try to catch his emerald eyes but they won't meet mine, "I've been looking for you," I state.

I watch as Harry furrows his eyebrows at that but then slowly softens, "You have?" he questions.

"Of course," I assert before taking a deep breath and letting it go, "I'm sorry I've been a shit host."

Harry pauses but he still doesn't face me, "It's okay. You wanted to catch up with Niall. I don't mind, really," he insists.

"Still, I should have made more of an effort to include you. I'm really sorry Haz," I apologize, getting Harry to finally look me in the eyes.

"It's okay," he reassures with sincerity in his voice.

I smile at him and scoot closer to rest my head on his shoulder. I notice Harry tense up for a second and it confuses me.

"I missed seeing your stupid face," I choose to say instead.

Harry laughs and relaxes, "Really?"

"Yeah," I state, playing with the strings of his ripped jeans, "I kept looking for you in the crowd."

"Ah," Harry hums, "Such a large feat for someone your size."

I gasp and turn my head to face him, "Take that back."

Harry scrunches his eyebrows like he's thinking deeply about it before shaking his head 'no.'

"Wha-" I'm about to shout but then I'm quickly interrupted by Harry's large, large, ring-cladded hand.

"You called my face stupid," he reasons, "It's only fair."

"Yeah but that's different," I state, "Of course your face isn't stupid."

"Then what is it?" Harry questions, staring at me with his intense green eyes.

"Beautiful," I blurt out before I can help it.

Harry seems more than a little taken aback by my response, "B-Beautiful?"

"Y-yeah," I blush, "Obviously you're beautiful Haz, you know that."

Harry's breath hitches as he continues to stare at me, "It's different coming from you," he establishes.

"Why's that?" I ask, ignoring the stutter in my heart.