Foolishness

Zorroku and Peaches Old Part 5 now part 8

Part 5

But by the next morning, you were woken up by the sounds of Fang and Claw screaming as they circled above the village.

"What the hell?" You groused as you got up and opened your tent and glared at the sky before you groaned as you realized Shuzug was already here. You called Fang and Claw to you as you wrapped your arm in a blanket before they dove down to you and landed on your arm.

"Oof, good morning to you too," You greeted them sleepily before you heard Ori stir and put the pair on the stand with Razor and went and got your cloak on, even if it was a bit big, along with your shoes and your mother's sling and put her sleeping and bundled form into it and put her under your cloak with you and invited the birds out and told them to find Shuzug before you followed them to the gate of the village where the guards had stopped Shuzug who was arguing with them to let him in as all three eagles came and landed on the mane of his horse.

"Hey! He's with me, let him in." You ordered them, still sleepy and a little irritated that your amazing dreams were interrupted.

"You know him?" They asked you.

"Yes, that is Shuzug, youngest son of Clan Chief Khagra of the Black Wolf White Rock Clan, who is coincidentally also your Clan Chief's nephew. Clan Chieftess Yotul and Shuzug's mother Clan Chieftess Bula are sisters. And he's my friend. I'm sure the rest of the family is only a few hours away, let him through." You vetted before they let him through before his horse practically pranced through the gate as you could see a few something's squirm in his large bag across his chest.

"Did you really ride all night to get here?" You asked him as he strode his horse over you before he got off.

"Yes. I couldn't wait. I left the moment the crows came back, the rest will be leaving right about now." Shuzug answered a bit bashfully before he noticed you were holding a baby under your cloak.

"So who's this?" He asked curiously as he peeked inside as he gave you a gentle hug so as not to squish her.

"Kinda sorta my daughter?" You giggled as you opened the cloak up more to show her to him.

"Aw, how did you manage that?" He asked curiously.

"Dude, how did you manage that?" You asked as you gestured to the bag before three wolf pup heads popped out, a white, a gray and a red wolf pup before it continued to squirm and two mountain lion cubs who were the same age poked their heads out too.

"Well hello there!" You cooed to them as you pet them as they sniffed you.

"It's a long story." He ducked his head as you noticed he also had some fresh wounds on his head and body that you knew Lilly must have just patched up.

"May the gods have mercy." You snickered.

"Come on, my tent is this way." You nodded as you started walking back to your tent as he tied his horse next to the door and marveled at the tent and the little outdoor door mat in front of your tent's door that you pulled the string to open the door for him.

"Wipe your feet and close the door after you come in." You reminded him.

"Wow, this is really nice! You get this all to yourself? When the crows said 'big tent', I didn't think it would be this big." Shuzug praised as he got his things off of his horse and brought them in and he looked around after he put the pups and cubs down to explore your tent.

"Thanks and it is all mine. This little girl's father got it for me." You answered with a twinkle in your eye as you took your cloak off and hung it back up.