Unfinished Business

Zorroku and Peaches

Part 13

It was actually a relief to mark what you wanted to be taken with you and your yurt. Which fit onto a special cart pulled by a mammoth, that was, coincidentally given to you by Jaseeneh, who was named Abuna with her calf Gisi. And it was easier to simply take all of Medowne's old clothes that had simply been sized down to suit you as your new wardrobe too. While everything else you were happy to either send back to Avlar with Jaseeneh and most of everyone else, or simply let it stay there in Thunder Herd. You grabbed your favorite things from the tent so that the yurt had a beautiful blend of both Mountain Blizzard and Thunder Herd touches.

But while Jaseeneh and her son Drashaneh and Cilanthe returned to the Clan to get things ready for your family's arrival, Kakazi stayed with Lilly, insisting she needed his help with things. While Zorroku insisted on helping you himself. Which you could not and would not argue with while Shuzug and Nar always seemed to stay close too. And while one was blue and one was green, they were practically twins and soon became inseparable as they both continued to treat you more like a big sister than anything. Yotul and Bula continued to practically depend on you to keep them out of trouble, especially once they began to prank their older brothers and if it had not been for that book of riddles that they began to speak in to each other, you wouldn't have known what they were up to because otherwise, their mothers to threatened to put them back on the leashes they wore when they were toddlers.

But between Zorroku and Nar and Shuzug, they managed to get everything else, so you could focus on Ori and the mountain lion cubs and the wolf pups who never seemed to stray too far from your side. You were astounded by how quickly things could be taken down and packed up when you left with your family to go back to White Rock to move your family and their belongings from there to Avlar. And while it took a whole day of riding, you were happy and content to be back home, to show off your daughter and her very handsome father while Shuzug and Nar were happy to reset up most of your home before slipping away as Shuzug wanted to show Nar all around, specifically the huge white rock that served as a den for the black wolves of the clan. As others in White Rock simply took the fact that Zorroku never strayed from your side either as a sign of you choosing Zorroku. And for him to have his yurt connected with your own, was a sign of that union, as unofficial as it was and in the eyes of just about everyone else, your choice had already been made, despite you putting your name and your "gifts" into the invitations for the celebration that you had helped Cilanthe, Yotul and Bula write out while their husbands signed off as Mountain Blizzard sent out messengers to every clan all three were allied with.

But of course, once you got back, Bully's bitches were arguing with Khagra and Bula about Bully's children. Because Bula and Khagra wanted their grandchildren to stay with them and not go to Avlar with their mothers, because losing you and your family to Avlar was already hard enough, but they were adamant that if Bullard's widows were going to go, they were going to leave their children with them with Black Wolf Clan, because that's where they belonged. Which for Bullard's oldest kids, was easy for Burquen to simply say that Bully Jr. and Belinda were old enough to decide for themselves. Because while they were 7, and 6 respectfully, to orcs, they might as well have been middle teens as far as size, personal and mental development. Bully Jr. was adamant he was going to stay with his grandparents, and urged his sisters to do the same.

Especially since their mothers had all told them to basically get lost since they had gotten to Thunder Herd and met with others from Mountain Blizzard and the promise of their new fortune from the 8,500 pounds of salt split three ways which, Jaseeneh, for the sake of simple math made it 2,850 bricks each. And gave them each a check to be cashed at the Bank in Avlar while she wrote down the numbers on the checks so that the banks would know to get the money ready, just in case they decided to go to any other bank within the mountain city fortress.