Coming Home

Zorroku and Peaches

Part 3

When you finally arrived in the Thunder Herd Clan village. You were surprised when it consisted mainly of vast and beautiful, luxurious tents. But set up in beautiful arrays just like a city and was just as vast as any city you had ever gone to with Khagra and his sons.

But considering the mode of transportation for the Thunder Herd Clan was draft horses, horses needed grass and hay. And so it would make sense that the entire clan would move to where there were fresh grasses.

But it caused you fear that you wouldn't be able to plant the seeds and be there long enough to see them sprout plants because there were people still putting up tents which made you think that they had just moved here. While there were hundreds of temporary corrals set up. And dozens of horses in each one, you realized that the Thunder Herd Clan had thousands, possibly tens of thousands of horses. All of them were draft horses of every color imaginable and just about every mare had foals. Which made sense because it was the beginning of spring. And all of the horses seemed to raise their heads and whinney at Crowthu and his sons and specifically their horses as they came closer.

Crowthu went around the village introducing you to everyone. And to your surprise, everyone seemed happy and excited to meet you. Especially when Crowthu simply introduced you as the new member of his family- 'Marfu Daughter- Peaches'. You expected them to sneer at that idea, having a human as a member of the Clan Chief's family. But instead they simply nodded in understanding and agreement and smiled warmly at you and greeted you just as warmly.

And besides orcs there were many other kinds of peoples here. And not all the humans you saw were servants, in fact there were many human mates to the others and their orcish counterparts were treating their human ones with love, care, tenderness, respect and dignity. And even a supreme gentleness. Their halfling children were running and playing as the humans especially greeted you very warmly and were happy to have one more human among them and very proud of you for winning such a wonderful prize as being accepted into the Clan Chief's family.

Everyone wanted to hear about the amazing food you had made at your old clan and to hear how many servants and how much salt you had been worth to be an adopted daughter of Clan Chief Khagra of the Black Wolf White Rock Clan and his Master of Feasts. The news made them all extremely excited that from now on, the entire clan was going to eat better than it ever had- now that you had blessed them with your presence the way you had blessed Clan Chief Khagra and the Black Wolf White Rock Clan with your presence before. And to hear that your father was the Master of Spirits, your mother, a Master Gardener and your sister was a medicine woman while your brothers were the Masters of the Herds, only impressed them that you came from a family of Great Masters. But you didn't have the heart to correct them that those were only titles given to you- to make the truth that you and your family were merely servants to the Clan Chief and his family- easier to swallow.

And then to have Zorroku tell everyone who would listen about what he saw you do in the forest with great excitement and eagerness, both made you smile yet blush bashfully at his praise. He told everyone how you had a golden eagle named Razor- who you hand raised from a chick when you climbed mountains to the tallest trees to get to the nests. How you spoke eagle and used Razor as your eyes and ears to hunt and to scout. How you knew of all kinds of wonderful edible mushrooms beyond morels that were safe for everyone to eat. How you shot down three bucks, and over a dozen wolves with poison tipped arrows. From the top of a pine tree no less- that you used your smaller size and lighter weight to climb with the same ease as a squirrel. And that poison that you used- being cyanide - from the seeds of the peaches from your home. It immediately garnered you praise and high esteem since Zorroku's word was taken as gospel. And the proof of your lethality was on the cart of his own horse. They all eagerly looked at the wolves and the huge buck heads and antlers. Every very single person in the clan was given a few peaches so that each person could enjoy them and have seeds to plant the trees for themselves which they were very happy and grateful for.