Original Part 4

Zorroku and Peaches Old Part 4

Part 4

The next morning you woke up refreshed and invigorated and nursed Ori again before you bundled her up while everyone was still asleep. Then you got a big bucket from the kitchen and went to the river that was close by within sight of the rest of the village, packing your knife for protection just in case along with Razor and let him fly free to get used to the area and left Ori on the riverbank in a large basket with her own fur surrounding her so she'd still be warm as she continued to sleep in the basket, just in case you slipped and fell into the cold water, making short pants out of your skirt again as you used the bright sunrise to catch the crawfish, which this stream was practically crawling in them. In just a couple of hours you caught over a hundred of them, you could set traps for them and catch them all the time but as you hunted and caught the crawfish, soon, several crows flew in and sat in the trees above you, greeting you with their loud 'hi!' and 'hello!'s.

"Shh! You'll wake up Ori. I'll get to you in a minute." You told them and they obeyed as you focused on the crawfish.

"Good morning," Zorroku greeted you as he seemed to appear out of thin air on the riverbank just as you got a crawfish in each hand but he startled you and you jumped and screamed slipped on the river rocks, letting go of the crawfish in your hands as they went flying through the air behind you and fell into the water backwards as Razor dove from flying high above you and that scream woke up Ori who started crying and Zorroku was torn about who to go to first as you floundered in the water before you found your footing and stood back up, drenched and freezing cold, coughing and sputtering as Zorroku was trying his hardest not to laugh as he got his daughter out of her basket and onto his shoulder and waded out to you.

"I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to scare you, I just wanted to see how you were doing with Ori." He apologized as he was near tears from trying not to laugh.

"It's ok, Glasha said you guys slept in late, I thought I would have things to myself this early in the morning. It's ok, you can laugh, I can't imagine how hilarious that just looked." You chuckled yourself before he finally burst into the deep belly laugh he wanted to.

"Oh gods, it was so funny, your legs just went above your head as your whole body went crazy for a minute. I really am sorry, I don't mean to scare you, I really don't." Zorroku apologized profusely as Ori was still crying and reaching for you despite Zorroku's best efforts to get her to stop.

"Baby, I am sopping wet, I can't hold you, I'm sorry, I don't want you to get wet either." You tried to explain to her as you nuzzled your face next to hers to get her to stop crying which worked.

"So I take it the bug looking things in the bucket are crawfish?" Zorroku guessed with a grimace as he looked at them and shuddered since you had put a rock into the bucket along with water to keep it partially submerged in the water with you.

"They are," You nodded as you suddenly saw movement in the river.

"Oh my gods!" You gasped in excitement.

"What?" Zorroku asked as he scanned the riverbanks for threats but didn't see any.

"Oh I found a monster catfish, and since I'm already wet, I'm gonna catch him, get back on shore, and bring this with you please." You bid him as you pointed to the bucket before you stalked across the river as Zorroku hesitantly obeyed you but watched you curiously as you stalked over to a hole in the river bank as you got down on your knees, the water coming back up to your breasts and thrust in your arm and cheered when the monster bit down on your arm and you grabbed it's throat from the inside and pulled it out, stabbing it in the head as hard as you could before pulling it close to yourself since it was half your size and Zorroku just watched slack jawed as you wrestled with it before you stood up and carried it's dying and still wriggling body and trying to topple you across the river to the shore before you got it a safe space from the river bank so it wouldn't flop back into the river and gut it.