Freedom

Zorroku and Peaches

Part 11

"So? How did things with Cattle Baron Gronk go?" You asked Zorroku, Nar, Shuzug and Kakazi once you reappeared outside of your home as you all made your way to where the receiving tents were erected just inside the gate. You took Ori back who was keen on being held by you and growling at anyone other than Zorroku who tried walking too close to you. It cracked you and Zorroku up to see her so possessive.

Shuzug and Nar practically talked over each other, trying to tell you every little thing as Kakazi just laughed at how overeager they were to tell you everything. Nar was particularly proud to give you a copy of all the herds and their genetics that they had gotten as you gave it a thorough glance. You appreciated the fact that there were several lines of genetics that they had gotten which was what you wanted. You appreciated that it was in Shuzug's handwriting, showing that he had recorded it all. Then you folded it and put it away as you continued to listen to Nar and Shuzug.

"How'd it really go?" You muttered to Kakazi and Zorroku on the other side of you as Nar and Shuzug suddenly started arguing about exactly how much each cow was.

"Silug and Winug thought paying for them was retarded, Yalak wanted to get the very best stock Gonk had and Grushnug and Murnug's patience wore thin." Kakazi answered.

"And you?" You asked Zorroku.

"I just tried to make sure Shuzug and Nar didn't get gored by the bulls." He answered.

"So who negotiated?" You asked.

"It was a joint effort." Zorroku answered.

"By?" You prodded.

"Shuzug insisted that we get at least a few from several lines so for future breeding purposes, the genetics would be varied which made the most sense, so we went with that." Zorroku answered before you grinned and looked from him to Kakazi.

"He negotiated didn't he?" You asked him as you nodded to Zorroku.

"Yup he and Shuzug did the majority of it. Silug and Winug didn't even bother because they thought the prices for each cow was stupid. Yalak and Nar of course would have sold off the treasury trying to get a few of the really good ones and the twins just wanted to get a pen of cows and call it done." Kakazi answered.

"Well thank you very much for being patient and listening to the one person who already knew what I liked and wanted while not letting him indulge in any death wishes today." You thanked Zorroku appreciatively.

"Hey!" Shuzug complained.

"If Zorroku hadn't been there holding you back, how badly would you have gotten gored to death?" You asked.

"I wouldn't have gotten gored at all!" Shuzug contested as you raised a brow and fixed him with a look then looked from him to Nar.

"Maybe just a little." Nar admitted that got Shuzug to frown.

"Thought so." You nodded and grinned before you got to the reception tent.

"Viszla Belladonna!" Everyone from Mountain Blizzard greeted you happily as you got to meet and get hugs from everyone as you handed Ori back to Zorroku so you could hug everyone fully as everyone got introduced to you and you got introduced to everyone else as you did your best to keep track of who was married or related to who.

"How did you like your things so far?" Rhotan asked hopefully.

"I loved them, every single little thing is beyond perfect. I'm so grateful to you for keeping track of it all for me all these years." You thanked her graciously and gratefully.