Ambitions and Intentions

Zorroku and Peaches Part 9

Meanwhile Zorroku had left your tent wanting to give you space to get dressed as he went to the herds and went through all the horses he had. He noted how Shuzug and Nar were trying to milk a mare who was not happy about it.

Then he picked out four of his best horses along with his wife's two favorite horses. They were his gifts to her when she found she was finally halfway through a pregnancy, when she was halfway through Ori's pregnancy specifically. Then he realized that one of them was actually a very fitting horse for you. Jasper. He was a black horse with a white mane and tail. And considering you were from the Black Wolf White Rock clan, he couldn't help but smile at the correlation.

He brought them over to your tent, just as you were leaving it to go about your day and wearing an outfit that finally looked perfectly befitting on you. He loved the way it had been altered to fit you and now had trim that was very Mountain Blizzard and while he could still remember how it had looked on Medowne, he adored the way this was now all yours and with the new trims and accessories, looked completely new and all your own.

"Hey Bella," Zorroku called out, which got you to turn around and then blink in surprise when he was carrying six lead ropes with six huge draft horses behind him.

"You know you almost make me nervous when you use my name like that." You tried to point out to him in a slightly teasing tone but smiled nonetheless.

"Well, you didn't ask to be called Peaches. You just went along with it because you didn't think you had a choice in the matter. And I want to make sure you know you have choices and that you shouldn't go along with things just because you think you should, or you feel you have to. You should have a say in everything. Especially about your own life, it's yours to dictate and no one else's. You need to make sure that your voice and your opinion is heard and understood and accepted just as much as mine is. So since you've chosen to adopt my daughter, and that she is now just as much yours as she is mine, you deserve the reward that comes with that. Now you don't have to accept any of these, but if you want them, they're yours. In particular this one, because you are from the Black Wolf White Rock Clan, I thought a black horse with a white mane would be fitting." Zorroku explained, having rehearsed that in his head so many times and muttered it to himself to make sure he emphasized the right words the right way as he gestured to that particular horse.

You had to cover your quivering lips with your hand even as they spread into the widest smile as your eyes glazed with tears because of how moved you were by not just his gesture but especially his words before you closed the distance between you until you were looking up at him with so much adoration it bordered on love and you just wanted to kiss him.

"Ok, I'll be honest. I like the way you say 'Peaches' when you talk to me. I like the way you talk to me, period. And this horse is absolutely perfect, and it's a perfect fit. I can only hope he's as nice, gentle and tame as he is beautiful. And the rest of them are outstanding. I want all of them. But I don't want to take them if you feel you have to give them to me because I'm now the mother of our daughter. But I don't want to disrespect a tradition if that's what you're following when you give them to me either." You explained.

"Then consider them string free gifts, because I want them to be yours. They're the best that I have and I'll always want to give you my best, no matter what. Even if you don't end up choosing me because being Ori's mother means just that much to me." Zorroku returned and you just wanted to reassure him that when it came to options to marry, he was the only one in your heart and mind. The urge to kiss him was overwhelming because a part of you wanted them to have strings. And you wanted to tie those strings so that you were tied to him both literally and figuratively.