Connect The Dots

Zorroku and Peaches

Part 5

"Hey, Glasha, could you please help get my tent flap, would you?" You requested with a giggle of your own as she helped you into your own tent where Razor was still happily chewing down on his horse steak.

"Ok, everyone on the couch." You urged and they obeyed before you sat at your new desk and got some paper and a quill and an ink well and got ready to write some correspondence.

"You can stay and hang out if you want." You offered to Glasha, wanting to keep some company just in case you got any visitors in the form of Yotul and her sons who didn't like you, you'd have a witness to whatever would happen.

"Well actually I was going to go get some snacks for the ravens, but when I come back I'll hang out with you." Glasha offered before she quickly left and tried to get as many scraps left over from dinner together as she could.

Then she returned with a bowl of them before she pulled up a chair across from the couch where all the ravens were perched on various cushions and such when they weren't outright playing on the furniture. And the others were outright wandering around and inspecting the tent themselves. She fed the ravens as you called them each by name over to your desk to take the messages in the little holders off the raven's legs to read them, and then write down your reply on the back. You talked to the ravens and they talked back like parrots.

Glasha was completely tickled to witness and giggled even more. Especially when they talked to her too and said 'thank you' to her for feeding them, before talking to her the way they talked to you. You insisted to them that she was a friend to them as they hopped up on her lap and shoulders and arms and soaked up her affections in the form of pets and scratches, the same way they often laid on their back to get tummy scratches from you with one hand while your wrote from the other.

"So what do they say?" Glasha asked curiously as she nodded over to the correspondence.

"They're all asking the same thing, 'if your family has mistreated me yet'." You answered honestly as you soon got tired of writing the same thing over and over again.

"And what's your answer?" Glasha asked cautiously.

"The answer is of course 'no'. I mean Yotul doesn't like me, and I completely understand her feelings towards me. Some of your brothers hate me so much they refuse to talk to me. But that's fine by me. If they keep their distance, it would be ideal and what I would prefer them to do." You answered honestly before you cooed to the ravens.

"No, they haven't mistreated me at all! They've all been so good to me! Yes they have!" You cooed to ravens in the same cooing tone you would use with an infant. You pet the ravens affectionately as they soaked up your affections like a sponge as the others hopped around your tent, cawing 'big tent!' and 'nice tent!' the whole time which had cracked Glasha up when they first started doing that.

"What?! Which brothers?" Glasha gasped in horror.

"Uh well, I'm pretty sure I'd be raped by Winag and Silug if they got half a chance- by the way they keep staring at me like a hungry dog looks at a steak. Yalak, Grushnag and Murnag refuse to say one word to me at all. Which I get and understand. Your father told me I could choose whoever I wanted without asking them. And most, if not all orcs, or at least all the ones I've met before today- think and feel that humans are inferior. And I'd be pissed off too if my father agreed to have me married off to people I viewed as inferior without asking me first." You explained, feeling you could be safe with being yourself and being blunt and honest with Glasha.

"Ok, you're right about Winag and Silug. They are my half brothers and they look forward to demanding sexual intimacy from their conquests the most. And every bedroom servant they have has been a past conquest that they've liked enough to keep around. And they keep insisting it isn't rape because they pay them all very well for thier "service". But honestly, I don't see them giving any of them much of a choice about it. Especially when every time they do it, they get a kid from it. But neither Winag or Silug will marry any of them and none of the servants are orc and no woman in the clan will go near them. They claim they just like to have intimacy with smaller women because they like the feel of it better. Or at least, that's what I've told them tell my father when he's asked them about it. And my father doesn't approve of them doing it. And it was only Yotul's demands that Silug be a Warchief that he was made a Warchief at all, otherwise my father claims that only Zorroku has earned that status. Because otherwise my father had refused to promote them because he didn't feel that their behavior outside of battle warranted the promotion." Glasha explained as you nodded and hummed in understanding.