Fuhn-Lah

Zorroku and Peaches

Part 16

You went to the feasting hall, with Jaseeneh and everyone else, where a feast was already prepared and waiting for you as Jaseeneh had you and Zorroku sit in the large seat of honor for winning the battle with your children sitting down from you.

She had the best wine in all of the seven cities- fill your glass and the glasses of your family. The kids giggled to be able to be served a small cup full for just a special occasion such as this as you and Zorroku got to have your very own pitcher of it. It was served with fruit and berries and spiked with liquors so that it was very sweet like punch.

"I would like to toast to the victor of today's battle, who was able to use a humble's mother's sling to defeat three lying bitches and the bastards who followed their greedy peckers to richer pastures." Jaseeneh began, as you simply smiled appreciatively and silently huffed a laugh through your nostrils as echos of laughter and cheers rippled through the feasting hall.

"So, as they say- 'to the victor goes the spoils'!" She continued.

"Heads of the banks, I would like for you to take the three checks that I wrote to her ransomers, to be fully signed over. And may the full worth of the checks go to her along with the full rate of interest my checks usually carry. As well as all properties and belongings that belonged to them, should go to her as her spoils." Jaseeneh ordered before the seven High Lords of the Banks stood and ceremonially bowed to her to accept her order along with their word of agreement.

"And since the latest blood tax increase came because of those ransomers, now that they are dead, now it is time for the increased blood ransom taxes to be lifted and waived. And they are to go to what they once were." She added, as that got a round of applause as the seven High Lords once again stood and ceremoniously bowed and added their words of agreement and acknowledgement.

"And in addition to this, the bail that was on those three lying, dishonorable bitches, shall now be paid out to the victor, which was half a million bricks each with, an additional 500,000 bricks to be awarded for the death of each of the greedy mates. So now my Double Vizsla Belladonna- is now 3 million bricks of salt richer!" Jaseeneh proclaimed and the entire area erupted into thunderous applause as you nearly choked on your spit and started to cough and sputter as Zorroku reached out to pat and rub at your back as you took that wine and guzzled it to clear your throat.

"What?! Why?" You sputtered as tears pricked at the corners of your eyes before you used your fist to beat at your chest a few times as you looked to Zorroku to explain how that was even possible.

"Usually, when someone is already in prison for a crime, and there is a challenge of Shiro Katzu, the bail is the reward for killing them in said battle. And if there is someone to fight with them, the same amount is placed on them as well. So, the three bitches had 500,000 each, plus their mates at equal amounts, comes to three million." Zorroku informed you in a low murmur as he leaned over to say such things in your ear as you leaned over to him to hear it.

"Usually, if there is a bail out on them that high, there will be lines through all of Avlar and the other six cities for others to win the right to kill them to claim the bail money. The moment they were arrested, before Grandma set the bail, I was the first to sign up, and, coincidentally, so were your other courters, just because they offended and disrespected you. But once she set the bail. Everyone else in my family signed up. But once they called Shiro Katzu, there was no way for any of us to fight them, except if we fought with you. And since you only wanted me to fight by your side, I was happy, content and proud to do so. No bricks of salt needed or wanted." Zorroku explained.