Arrogance and Self-Respect

Before he could say anything else Abi slapped him across his face saying "I didn't do anything, and I think this statement will support when I say that you are a rich self-obsessed brat who thinks the world revolves around him" with that the doors of the elevator opened luckily few of the hotel employees heard her screaming for help. Both stepped out of the lift, you could tell from his expressions that he was upset and shocked because he was used to girls hovering around him and not slapping him. As Abi walked away, Mr X felt heartache. Something important was going farther away from him. "Why is my heart aching all of a sudden?" Mr X thought to himself as he placed his hand on his chest. "Sir, are you okay? If you aren't, allow me to call for the doctor, " his bodyguard asked him. "Ummn-no no, that umm won't be necessary. I'm fine," he said as he corrected his suit. Abi started running towards the hall but felt like someone was looking at her and therefore looked back and when she spotted Mr X she gave him a disgusted and angry look. But even that made his heart skip a beat. She found it hard to run as she was wearing a heavy lehenga, but lucky for her, Darshan, Chloe, and Rehan found her in the lobby. They came to her looking worried. "We have been waiting for you here."We can discuss this later, go and give Khala Ammi the rings. I can not run more. The lehenga is too heavy, " she said, gasping for air.Thanks to her friends and her luck, the mangni went smoothly with complete entertainment by The Devilic Angels. In the evening, the whole group gathered in the garden to chit-chat and sing some songs. Then Chloe asked her, "Abi, why did you come so late?"Maybe because of her 'I can do it all attitude' she got late to dress up inevitably she reached the hall late. Thank goodness the hall is in the hotel itself. If the program was somewhere far, then?" Darshan jokingly commented. "It is nothing like that. I got ready on time and got in the lift, but then I  got stuck in the lift with the most egoistic, arrogant, snobbish, rich spoiled brat. From his words, he sounded like that person with a one-track mind. When I think of him, only one word comes to my mind 'Cheapster'." Abi replied. "Oh, great, then you must have made him straight," Inu remarked. They all laughed and headed to the room. Being a music lover and part of a group where not even one day of their lives goes without music/dance, she always plays her flute before going to bed to calm herself down. Upon hearing the soft melody that Abigail was playing Mr X felt so calm not knowing who was playing the flute and when he saw the night sky with a full moon he for some reason remembered Abi and fell asleep right there. The next day, when she was on her way to join her friends for breakfast in the hotel's restaurant after she freshened up. She saw him again sitting with a bunch of his friends, or that is what she assumed. Although she was surprised a person like him would have even one friend. She murmured, "Cheapster." That is when she heard him say to the people around him."There's that girl whom I told you about."Oh...why is she being so arrogant? She should be happy and find solace in the fact that a guy as handsome and successful as you spoke to her, " one of his friends commented, looking at her up-down. With rage in her eyes, she headed to their table. "Hey, I am sorry, but I couldn't help but listen to your beautiful comments about me. You see what you call 'ARROGANCE' love I call 'SELF-RESPECT.' I am a real good RJ, Dancer, and Singer and overall, a Good Human being but I never rubbed it in someone's face like your dear friend here" Abi said putting her hands on his shoulders, he was so mad at her words he just pushed her hands off. "If you have doubts about what I said about myself, feel free to visit Goa and clear those doubts. Also, more than the person's face, the person's character matters to me" just as he said that a small girl pulled her away from their table, and just as Abi left that Cheapster and his friends left the restaurant in profound anger.