On The Way Back Home

After the Haldi function, Ethan and his friends maintained their distance and so did the Devilic Angels, but they'd often bump into each other in the lobby. Finally, after a long wait and lots of rituals, the day of the wedding arrived. "There is going to be a lot of commotion as it is the day of the wedding so y'all get ready by 5 pm. Molvi Sahib will arrive by 7 pm. So all of y'all get ready and free yourselves before Molvi Sahib arrives, okay?" said Farha "Do not worry Ammi! We will get ready ourselves and everything else before 7 pm" Inu reassures her mom. While getting their wedding chores done it was 5 pm and so they all got ready. While everyone had dressed to match the grandeur, Abi wore a simple black Anarkali. Right before entering the hall, she bumped into Ethan who was headed to the lift to go to his room. Instead of starting an argument with some snarky comment he just blankly stared at her like when he would spot her in the lobby right before the functions. Abi would notice him looking but would ignore him. Abi just coughed to get him back from dreamland to the real world. Startled, he just looked away and went past Abi in the lift. The wedding was over. They stayed for a day to enjoy the beautiful ambience of Lucknow. They all then headed to Goa as after 2 days was a festival they wanted to celebrate together, Vasant Panchami. Something all of them have been preparing for as soon as they got back from Lucknow. They bought kites and everything that would be required for the puja at the 'Dhadkan' orphanage and their dance class. Oblivious to the fact of what was in store for her after she woke up, Abi went to bed thinking about how she would spend tomorrow. She woke up ready to spend her day flying kites, playing with the kids, dancing, and singing and as they still had two days of leave they did not have to worry about college. As always, Abi played a playlist containing her favourite songs and danced to them as she got ready. Everyone wore yellow outfits as it is considered auspicious for Vasant Panchami. All of them headed down for breakfast as they heard Ruksana Begum. As they got down the stairs, they saw Elisha, Abigail's mom who was busy preparing for the Rosary that was in the evening. "Where are y'all headed?" she asked as everyone got down the stairs. Abigail went and hugged her saying "We are going to dance class then orphanage and then we'll be back." "There is so much work and you people can't stay and help?" said in an angry tone. "Arre...We'll go and come so fast you won't even realise we were gone in the first place and if you are making pork keep it, at last, let Ruksana Khala go home first. Okay?" Abi said. After being reassured by her mom in the matter she heads to the kitchen for her morning coffee "Alsalam ealaykum, Ruksana Khala" all of them said entering the kitchen. "Waealaykum Alsalam, breakfast is ready I'll set the table and guys can have it and Abi here is your coffee,1 and ½ spoon coffee and two spoons of sugar just the way you like it" Ruksana khala replied. "Thank you so much khala, I love you" Abi replied cheerfully. "Where is Papa? His coffee is ready." Abi asked as she stirred the coffee. "He is outside. Why are y'all so dressed-up and all are dressed in yellow?" Elisha asked them. "Aunty today is Vasant Panchami and the most auspicious colour for today is yellow, so we all are dressed in that very colour," Darshan said. "And as for where we are going, we are headed to the dance class and from there the orphanage" Kinjal responded. "Abigail, you know today there is a rosary, and we are expecting guests, so instead of helping you guys are going out," Elisha said with a tensed tone. "Mama just because we are going out, for now, doesn't mean we are least bothered about the Rosary. We come right back after visiting the orphanage and if you need anything you can tell me I'll get it for you" Abi said in an attempt to reassure her mother. Suddenly, her father called her and her brother Elijah and their youngest sister Ariel. "What happened dada?" Ariel asked screaming. "Look who is come!" Asher said in a cheerful tone. Confused and Curious, they headed to the living room...