Loving Her Dead

Author's Name:

enifades

Reviewer:

raelynlayn

Review Type:

Hook

Hook Review:

The first chapter instantly sets the mood for this story. As a reader you need to read further, since the tension is feelable everywhere. It starts off sweet, but instantly changes to horror, which is a very good job! You describe in a good way for this genre, and it's all clear what's happening. The ending of chapter one was great too! I'm curious if she actually died, though. I don't know, but I have a feeling she survived it. You know how to get the reader's attention, and how to start a story in an awesome way. This isn't something I have seen a lot as a beginning. So, this second chapter, I have so many questions right now. WHY ON EARTH IS SHE GOING BACK TO DARYN? After everything he tried to do, is she nuts? He nearly killed her, had dead bodies in a closet, and she goes back to his place? I hope that will be explained later on in the story. It does make me curious as a reader, though. I also hope there will be more about what happened three years ago, and scanning the following chapter, I believe that will happen. At some parts you got some small spelling/grammar mistakes, but it's not so much that it's awful for the reader. It just needs some small editing. Nothing too big. I believe this is a great hook, and you really know how to catch the attention of the reader. You instantly give the reader some questions, but also answer some questions already. You give the right amount of information. Great start!

 Great start!