A Whole New World

Author's Name:

IcecreamSundae5

Reviewer:

raelynlayn

Review Type:

Hook, Blurb, Plot

Blurb Review:

I love this blurb, let me start with that. In the beginning I thought this was going to be some kind of cliche book with a love triangle, but then the second part came, and holy, you blew me away. I did not expect that at all. But I love this twist you already brought into the blurb! It got me so interested and really caught my attention. A great way to introduce the story. I'm so curious about this now, and I can't wait to read it.

Hook Review:

I love this prologue! Your writing style is so fun to read, and I can't wait to get into the actual story. I already love her thoughts on love triangle books (agree with her), and just her as an overall character has been put down very well already. I can't wait to read more about her and to get to know what she will all do inside this story. And I have to read more chapters for the hook, but I'm already hooked here, so actually I don't need more, but yeah, here we go. The beginning of the first chapter was a repetition of what already was said in the blurb and the prologue. I just wanted to get to the point where she was in the book, and I actually thought that was where this chapter would start. I believe you still could do that, the reader already knows why she decides to read the book, and starting with the confusement (the moment after she hit the bus) would be great as well. Then you don't fall back into something that's already been said before. For the rest, I believe this is a great hook, and I really want to read further. I love this concept, and I love Zee. You introduced her so well!

Plot Development Review:

I love how you started with Zee wanting to relax and doing nothing, I mean, honestly, wouldn't we all be like that if we would come in a world like that? It was so realistic to read for me. Also, her thoughts are wonderful to read. At first, I was so confused as to where in the storyline she came from, but very fast it became clear that it was before everything of the 'original' story took place. I love that Zee saw her mission there, and that the plot started to roll. I just love the vibe this story has, and I think I will even read this further. One thing I found weird was Zee bringing Nick's mom to the club. I mean, who wants to bring a parent to a club as a teen? And Nick wasn't that embarrassed? He only cared about the drinking part? They also moved on so quickly? Oh, and I don't believe he assumed the worst, it was quite obvious to think that. But the entire thing felt off for me. It just felt weird inside this story, as it also quite came out of nowhere, I can't say it in other words. I just don't believe it fits in the rest of the story you're writing here. I loved the rest of the story, and I really gotta connect with the characters. I also love that you don't only tell it from Zee's perspective, but also from Nick's perspective. Your story started great, and throughout the first chapters I got into the story really well. The plot started pretty fast, it developed well already, and I'm curious what happens more in this story. I at least believe this is a great concept and you write it amazingly! 

 I at least believe this is a great concept and you write it amazingly!