6. Dinner Dance and Drama

A U T H O R

Everyone returned to their places the following day, families scheduled the wedding to be held after 2 months so that Abhimanyu and Akshara can find space for themselves. But neither Akshara nor Abhi looked curious in knowing about each other. The regular visits from Birlas and Goenkas are the only way to them seeing at each other.

Days and weeks passed by and ultimately, the preparations for D-day began. Everyone excited with the preparations and the vibe of wedding is around in both the houses, except in the face of bride and groom.

"So the best way to surprise them on their wedding day, you both did you find anything." Aarohi almost shouted looking at her brothers, Kairav and Vansh. One was involved with his paint brushes while the other was taking pictures leisurely.

"Aaru, Tu hi decide karle" Kairav glanced at her with a helpless look and a puppy face.

"Haan aaru, to jo bhi decide karogi we will go with it," Vansh said scrolling through his mobile. Aarohi sighed and looked at them, she just shrugged her shoulders and strode towards them.

"You both are so lazy for a bride's brothers." Aarohi picked up her mobile and spoke to someone and then appeared back. "Okay fine, You all stay here Neil and Anisha are also going to assemble here and help you with the preps. They might be on the way" She said staring at Vansh, who didn't spare a glance and then veered around to Kairav who was busy looking into nothing, his behavior suddenlt felt off. But there was a change in atmosphere suddenly; Aarohi felt the uncomfortable ease and looked at Kairav concerned.

"Kairav bhaiyya, everything alright?" she looked at him inquiringly, "Haan haan sab theek hain, I was just zoned out." He smiled at her and caressed her hair assuring her.

"Phir mein chalti hoon," She turned back to leave but stopped midway while listening to Kairav's question. "Lekin tum kaha jaa rahe ho?"

"Mein Reem ke pass jaa rahi hoon bhaiyya, unki expertise hain na yeh organizing and all I think she can help us in this surprise thing." Kairav listened to aarohi and continued rubbing his palms against eachother.

"Aaru, I will go, you stay here and deal with them. I will go to her and finalize the surprising thing." Saying this he snatched the keys, fished out Reem's card, and left the place. Aarohi was surprised, listening to this would've been a small thing, Her big brother, who never talks his heart out to anyone is now going, and looking after a girl appeared so strange to her.

According to her knowledge, He had a fling long ago in high school then the girl abandoned him and moved abroad, that's the only time she listened to him and a girl in a single clause. Off-sudden Aarohi mind is now clouded up with countless thoughts and a lot of questions Is he resisting Birlas? Or Does he like Reem? Instead of searching for explanations Aarohi has chosen to take a good Nap.

Kairav was standing outside Reem's workplace. She came running and hi-fied him "Hop in," Kairav said as he proceeded towards the driver seat. "I'll help you but, before that let's grab some ice-cream. I'm so tired." She said in a go trying to open the water bottle. Kairav nodded hesitantly. "Can I?" he forwarded his hand towards her and opened it then passed it on to her.

Kairav stopped at a burger joint, and looked at Reem. "Don't say that you read my mind" Reem looked at him taken aback. "Nope this is my favorite place" Kairav said with amusement, "Ditto" saying this she punched on his shoulder. "The place seems to be a bit crowded, bring the food, let's just sit here and finish it up" Reem saying examining the place through the window pane of the car. Kairav went inside and brought some take out and returned to the car.