33. Temple Run Or Treasure Hunt?

Before diving in I just created a mood board on Pinterest. Hope y'all go and check it out once, I'll try to keep that stuff updated regularly - (@HassledazzleX)

A B H I M A N Y U

No way she was staring at me like a ghost, an unwanted pile of crap. When all I did was just return home after a heavy day at work. "Kya hua?" I asked casually and strolled to her, Akshara who was busy talking to someone. Well, the uninvited guest at home? Around this time? I walked further and saw a kid. A kid? A ghost? I moved further to see a better view and yeah it was a kid, not a random ghost.

There was a kid there, when did we have one? Naah I don't remember then, Who is he? I looked at her questioningly wondering if she took my bacha statement from the morning seriously and adopted one. "Beta, please come here," The kid kept his ice cream cup on the table and walked to her while limping. I went after him "Who's he?" I inquired looking at him. He was tiny, cute, and had a bandaid tied around his knee.

"Aarav, our neighbor." Akshara smiled at me (Finally) and walked to the kid who was busy eating ice cream and playing with my iPad. Wait, My iPad who gave that? Of course who would!! the woman walking, not semi-dancing, and waving her head like a Mexican wave. She walked to the living room with a cup of ice cream. Really thoughtful of her I had a hard day at work.

"Ice cream?" She asked looking at me. I smiled and nodded settling down on the couch. "Go get one for yourself." She signaled me towards the dining while eating. I looked at her incredulously and said, "Are you kidding?" She chuckled at me and nodded negatively, "Naah, only self-service." Shaking my head, I headed towards the dining room and grabbed ice cream.

As I settled back down on the couch, Akshara smiled in an attempt to irritate me. She can just write the book 'Amazing Ways to Annoy Abhimanyu' at this moment. "See, that wasn't so hard! Don't be lazy." She paused looked around and saw the kid still busy with his ice cream. "Aarav beta, yeh doctor uncle hain."

My wife, the lady sitting there had the best moment of her day, by calling me UNCLE. Ridiculous right, but somehow I love to say with her so I have to accept these shortcomings. I guess it's true what they say about marriage - you have to take the good with the bad and sometimes these Uncles included!

"Oooo," The kid walked to me and forwarded his hand. "Hii doctor uncle. I am Aarav" I shook his hand and smiled. "It's nice to meet you, Aarav." He nodded and grinned. "He had an injury while playing, so I brought him over and did the first aid," Akshara said looking at me as if she was asking for my approval.

I examined Aarav's wound and applied some medicine and another bandage. "That's it, Aarav! You'll be back to playing in no time," I said with a reassuring smile. Aarav seemed confident as he looked up at me, satisfied with the treatment he had received. "Thank you, doctor uncle," he said, giving me a genuine smile of appreciation.

The kid then limped towards the table and took a piece of colored paper and passed it over to Akshara sitting opposite us. Akshara's eyes lit up as she accepted the carefully drawn paper from the kid.

"Akshu didi, aap mera drawing dekho." The kid passed his drawing to her to which she did a hawwwww, lasting 30 seconds, and kissed him. Nice, but why is this happening in front of me? No way I'm jealous, he's just a kid.

My eyes? Akshara smiled and thanked the kid. She carefully grabbed another piece of paper and started folding it into a paper plane. The kid watched her intently, a smile slowly appearing on his face. Origami classes, nice job. The boy's smile widened as he watched her. When it was done, he ran off with the plane, shouting thanks to Akshara.