8. Day 1 - Being Mrs. Birla

A K S H A R A

I was sitting with this veil on my face for a long time, I just wanted Abhimanyu to appear and do the formality, I mean lifting up the veil. Finally, after 20 of minutes enduring this, he finally arrived, and stood like that for a while, all I could see is his legs, my head was covered with this veil, was soo heavy, my neck was automatically cast down and clearly not due to being nervous or shy.

I saw him taking unhurried steps towards me and he began to lean, I was stunned, to say the least. I'm still confused about the marriage and see him here with raging hormones. It just made me feel awful. I just kept on bending back the best way I can, then looked around and found a paperweight, and knocked it on his face.

He dodged back and before he could say anything I wanted him to stay in his place, I looked around and found my makeup bag under the cushion. I took out my tester perfume and shoved at him aiming my best to act cool and threaten him.

"Akshara! What's wrong with you" Wait I should be asking that question, Mr. High on testosterone. He was acting all disinterested during the wedding ab yeh dekhke armaan jaag gaya? How am I going to live under the same roof with this pervert my god?

"Don't dare to take a step forward, I even have a pepper spray" with all my confidence I thrusted my perfume tester on his face to threaten him. He did look like he was in discomfort but who asked him to do that, he invited it.

"Can you pass the green box on your left, that's my pills." He said rubbing his forehead, wait he didn't come to me, it's for his pills. Realization washed over me, now I soon sat back in a normal position with a flushed face. He again glanced at me and gave a sign at the green color box lying on the table beside me. "Sorry, sorry. I am too tired to think anything so it was out of reflex" I said as he nodded, took the box pillows, and strolled towards the couch.

For a moment I felt bad, if someone would suddenly come to my room and make me sleep on my couch I would feel like choking them. "Abhi, you can sleep on the bed I'll take the couch." I mumbled audibly to him. "It's okay, I'm fine here," He said nodding.

I leaped from the bed and went to his couch and poked his feet, which he was trying hard to fit in the couch. "Aise position mein if you sleep na, patients ke liye nahi khud tumhare liye ek doctor chahiye." He sighed and got up and looked at me with an amused look "You think It will be nice of me to ask you to sleep on the couch."

"I'm fine sharing bed," I blurted then realized, "for today, we both are tired and this is probably best for today. Kal se let's prepare a routine about who sleeps where."

"Fine," he said and occupied the other side of the bed. "Good night," he muttered slowly and switched off the bed light and within a minute or two he was asleep. The tension in the air has been neutralized which indicates the devil is asleep.

I veered around all sides but sleep was far away, Kairav and aarohi's words were ringing in my mind,

***

"Akshu, starting mein adjust hone mein waqt lagega take your time and try to adapt the situation soon. Don't cry for me, whenever I'm free I will call you or come there to meet you." He said as he continued to pat my head. He then cleared his tears and looked at me, this look was different from the before one. "Akshu, We don't know what life makes us but one thing never be hanging on anyone for your happiness. Try your best to keep your relationship healthy, but don't turn submissive." He waited and held my palm "Make mistakes and let him do too but don't be extremely forgiving. Be logical and rational because in the lost run this is how you don't lose your individuality and happiness. Never choose between both, select the best way in which they co-exist." He finished and stared at me with an assured look. "Abhimanyu is a wonderful guy, But still don't ignore these because I want my sister to be happy truly, not just fake smiling. Jab tum hasti ho na aankhon mein chamak aajati hain, let that stay forever" he let out and left my hand, was again busy wiping the fresh pair of tears.